Vietnamese recipe - Crab soup

Hwanghuydo

Photograher
Popular soup in the Vietnam countryside coz river crabs is often avaiable at the local market. So great if in the hot summer days, you have a crab soup for meal. As the east physic, it's cool for your body so it's make you cooler in the hot days.

But you are carefully and sure nore one in your family allergies with crabs, not stomache.

Ingredient:

• 1 kg river crab
  • 1 bundle of jute plant
  • Shrimp sauce and fish sauce
  • Salt and seasoning

METHOD

1. Prepare: clean crabs, notice that crab live in mud so you have to be carefully clean serveral times. Remove crab's shells and clean again. Mill crab's meat and prepare to wash jute plant. You only take the young leave ofjute plant. Wash the vegetable and cut into small about 1 cm.
  2. Use pure water pour into crab's meat, stir and filter, keep the crab's water in pot and raw crab's meat in bolw.
  3. Heat the crab's water and stir when you see the crab's meat group. Becareful dont make them brocken. And put jute plant.
  4. Put more 1tbs shrimp sauce and 1/2 tbs seasoning.
  5. Lay the broth in bolw

Tip:

You should put a little salt in crab meat when mill that's make crab's meat group when cook. Require the broth is cooked but crab's meat is not brocken.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Do we have access to Jute plants here in Canada ?

Hwanghuydo

Photograher
Do we have access to Jute plants here in Canada ?
I do not know about the Jute Plant in canada. I have this image.
rau-day.jpg
It's viscous!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
That picture is very close to what we call Thai / Chinese Basil. Would you use this rather than the actual JUTE plant. That Jute plant is used to make rope is it not ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_basil

Hwanghuydo

Photograher
That picture is very close to what we call Thai / Chinese Basil. Would you use this rather than the actual JUTE plant. That Jute plant is used to make rope is it not ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_basil
Very happy when see your reply ^^. Dont have many people reply my topic ^^. It's not Thai/Chinese Basil. in Vietnam, we use Chinese Basill as a kind of spices. Of course the Jute plant not use to make rope, the same name but we can not eat the kind what use to make rope ^^. It's tall about 50 cm only, the bark's color is often red and sap is viscous.
See the fruits. Maybe you know it.
LoadImage.jpg

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
OK OK different kind of Jute :)
I have no market near us here in Canada that I know of that would have yours for sale.