So, who is going on Je@lous 4?

P

popcorn

We don't need to pack anything from home, cause on these cruises all our clothes are already on board. And we can sail around Australia and up to China and around and then back over to Alaska and down the Inside Passage. And even touch Russia to restock on vodka.

Liz

C

cycofan

Connie, with your luck, you'd better steer clear of the limbo pole, anyway! :)

How about this aboard the Sun Princess. It departs on the 24th, but may be a few more days than the other group....but who cares about them? :lol

Sydney, Australia 4:00 PM
2 At Sea
3 At Sea
4 At Sea
5 Milford Sound, New Caledonia 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
6 Dunedin, New Zealand 9:00 AM 6:00 PM
7 Christchurch (Lyttelton), New Zealand 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
8 Wellington, New Zealand 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
9 Napier, New Zealand 7:00 AM 3:00 PM
10 Tauranga, New Zealand 9:00 AM 6:00 PM
11 Auckland, New Zealand 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
12 Bay of Islands, New Zealand 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
13 At Sea
14 At Sea
15 Sydney, Australia 7:00 AM

P

popcorn

Sounds like a good start. Can Jill meet us in New Zealand? Then she could come with us as a tour guide while we sail around Australia and then we can get her up to Alaska so she can see snow.

Liz

C

Corky

Hey, I just bought some Napier earrings today, so on Day 9, we will be in Napier, New Zealand and we have to be back on the ship early since we sail at 3 PM....all of you just come to my Penthouse Suite and I will have New Zealand Lobster, New Zealand White Wine, New Zealand Cheese and Crackers laid out for you. I'll also have olives and nuts and kiwi fruit and other stuff!! Oh, and I will be wearing my new Napier earrings to show off. :D

R

Rubysky

Gosh, Australia is around the same size as the USA. Wish we could cruise around in a week or 10 days.
Maybe we should settle for The Great Barrier Reef area aboard a small ship like the Coral Princess. If there are more than 50 of us going we will have to charter the Coral Princess II to sail alongside of us.
Note: That is Coral Princess Cruises, Not Princess Cruises

7 Night Townsville to Cairns Great Barrier Reef Cruise

Day 1: 12:30pm: Board your Coral Princess Cruises small ship at Breakwater Terminal for a 1:00pm departure. Departing Townsville, we cross Halifax Bay, passing close to Magnetic Island before cruising amongst the spectacular Palm Group of Islands. There is time to settle in and discover your “home†for the next seven nights. In the evening, join our crew and traveling companions on the top deck as the sun spectacularly sets over the reef.

Day 2: This morning we awaken moored beside Coral Princess Cruises’ very own tropical island, Pelorus. We invite you to join us on the beach for a delicious beach BBQ, freshly prepared by the Captain. After breakfast, explore the surrounding rainforest on a guided nature walk. Pelorus’ fringing reef, in the shallow waters just meters off the beach, offers some fantastic snorkeling opportunities, allowing us to enjoy an up-close view of the colourful coral growing on this section of reef. Our experienced crew will be on hand to provide assistance, advice and guided snorkeling tours for less experienced swimmers. Admire the many varieties of colourful corals from the glass bottom boat with the Marine Biologist, accompany our Dive Instructor on an unforgettable SCUBA dive or simply relax on the long stretch of golden sandy beach, the choice is yours! Cruising northward, discover the towering island cliffs and mangroves of the Hinchinbrook Channel and the Family Group of Islands. This afternoon we visit Dunk Island Resort where there is time to relax by the resort’s pool, enjoy a drink in the cocktail bar or join a guided rainforest walk discovering the island’s unique flora and fauna. We may be lucky enough to see the brightly coloured blue-winged Ulysses Butterfly, impossible to miss against the ancient rainforest background. Keen birdwatchers should keep an eye out for many of the up to 100 species of native birds recorded on the island, including the Yellow-bellied Sunbird, Emerald Dove or Orange-footed Scrubfowl.

Day 3: Enjoy a full day to discover Nathan Reef. This section of the reef offers some of the most colourful coral gardens found anywhere along the length of the reef, allowing us to view many of the 400 different species of coral living in this World Heritage-listed wonderland. Venture in to the warm tropical waters to explore the corals and marine life on a guided snorkeling tour and join the Marine Biologist for a glass bottom boat tour. For the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience, accompany our Dive Instructor on an unforgettable SCUBA dive. Later, discover some of the amazing creatures living on the reef with our Marine Biologist at the on-board display tank. Enjoy the rare opportunity for a close up look at sea cucumbers, colourful starfish and other marine life living on this part of the reef.

Day 4: Anchoring off Thetford Reef and Sudbury Cay we enjoy another opportunity to snorkel over the reef. Join our Marine Biologist for a glass bottom boat tour over the colourful coral gardens before gathering on the snorkel deck to participate in a fish feed. Discover some of the 1500 species of tropical fish that call the reef home, including Spangled Emperor, Giant Trevally and the Hump-Headed Maori Wrasse as they are hand fed by the Marine Biologist. We enjoy the afternoon at leisure in tropical Cairns before rejoining Coral Princess ahead of a 5:00pm departure. Join our crew and travelling companions on the top deck to enjoy a glass of champagne as we cruise northward, passing Double Island and the pretty beachside village of Palm Cove. Admire a spectacular sunset over the World Heritage-listed rainforest of the Macalister Range.

Day 5: We have the morning to discover historical Cooktown. It was here that the famous explorer Captain James Cook took refuge during his voyage of discovery after claiming Australia as a British colony in 1770. You have the option to visit Cooktown’s fascinating historical museum, featuring original artefacts from Cook’s ship – Endeavour. See the original anchor and cannon, jettisoned overboard after Endeavour struck a reef and began taking on water. Cooktown is steeped in history with most stone buildings dating back almost a century. Enjoy time to discover Cooktown at your own pace. Perhaps visit the Botanic Gardens, where you may catch a glimpse of some native Australian wildlife including Kangaroos and Wallabies. This afternoon we visit one of the remote uninhabited islands of the Great Barrier Reef. Join our marine biologist for a glass bottom boat tour over the colourful coral gardens and discover some of the 1500 species of tropical fish that call the reef home. You may wish to enjoy our first snorkelling opportunity for an up-close view of the hundreds of varieties of coral growing on this section of reef. Our experienced crew will be on hand to provide assistance, advice and guided snorkelling tours for less experienced swimmers.

Day 6: This morning we awaken moored beside beautiful Lizard Island. The energetic may join our guides on a walk to “Cook’s Look†on the island’s peak. It was from here, the highest lookout on this part of the reef, that Captain Cook was able to navigate a safe passage back through the treacherous waters after repairing the Endeavour near Cooktown over 200 years ago. A photographer’s delight, the views from the lookout over the World Heritage-listed reef and surrounding tropical islands are magnificent. Lizard Island’s fringing reef, in the shallow waters just meters off the beach, offers some fantastic snorkelling opportunities. Discover giant clams and a profusion of fish. Simply relax on the beach, join the Marine Biologist for a glass bottom boat tour, or for the ultimate Great Barrier Reef experience, accompany our Dive Instructor on an unforgettable SCUBA dive. The choice is yours! This afternoon we cruise to Ribbon Reef No 9, a spectacular and seldom visited part of the reef where our activities will include more snorkelling opportunities and glass bottom boat tours with the Marine Biologist.

Day 7: The Great Barrier Reef is not actually one continuous reef, but a series of thousands of individual coral cays stretching over 1800 miles between the town of Bundaberg and the tip of Australia at Cape York. We spend today visiting two of the most spectacular sections of the reef, Ribbon Reef No 3 and Rachel Carson Reef. Explore the coral gardens and marine life with guided snorkelling and glass bottom boat tours. Our Marine Biologist will explain the natural history and evolution of the reef and help you discover the local wildlife, which includes sea turtles, giant clams, rays and over 200 different species of native birds. Today will also be your last opportunity to experience the reef through SCUBA diving, so allow our Dive Instructor to guide you on an unforgettable experience of a lifetime. This evening, we enjoy our final memorable night cruising the Great Barrier Reef.

Day 8: 8:00am: Farewell our Captain, crew and new-found friends before disembarking at Trinity Wharf in Cairns.

J

Jill B

Count me in!!! I'll cruise anywhere you all suggest, I just want to be on a ship! Only thing is, it is cyclone season now in the tropical north of Australia. We will feel the motion of the ocean. Imbibe enough frozen thingys and it should be a breeze. :grin =gulp =twobeer :cheers :dizzy

C

conniecat

Well, since we do have our own ship, we can just follow those others. Maybe they can even send us food over if we get tired of our chef! I always wanted to see New Zealand, so that sounds good to me! Don't we have another Aussie to visit down there, if I remember correctly LIner Dan? And there is someone else, too, whose name escapes me, sorry.

R

Rubysky

Cyclone season? Maybe we should go to New Zealand for 12 days. We'll come to Oz some other time.
12 Night Auckland - Milford Sound Cruise Itinerary

Day 1: Auckland - Mercury Islands
Boarding at 9:00am, we depart the “City of Sails†at 10:00am and enjoy the view of the city and Hauraki Gulf as we begin our 12 night New Zealand discovery cruise. We spend the afternoon cruising through the beautiful Hauraki Gulf to the Mercury Islands. On arrival we conduct our first exploratory expedition aboard the “Xplorerâ€Â. Join our experienced Guest Lecturers and Expedition Leader as we search and explore the beaches and caves in this group of remote islands. Subject to tides and conditions we have the option of a quick bathe at a hot-water beach then head back to Oceanic Discoverer to enjoy the Captain’s Welcome Aboard Cocktails. (LD)

Day 2: White Island
Following breakfast we, subject to weather, embark on an excursion to explore this active volcano, identifiable by the plume of steam continually spouting from its crater. Following a landing with the “Xplorer†we spend approx three hours on a guided walk to the crater returning to Oceanic Discoverer for lunch before cruising southwards along the coast to Whangara, a small Maori settlement made famous following the filming of the movie Whale Rider. (BLD)

Day 3: Gisborne
This morning, subject to weather, we land and Whangara Beach for our exclusive Maori cultural experience including a traditional welcome, Kapa Haka cultural show and tour of the Marae by the elder of the Ngati Konohi people. Following our visit we cruise to Gisborne, the first European landing place in New Zealand. Captain Cook first landed here in 1769 and a European settlement was established in 1831. Today we offer you the opportunity to explore the region. Whether your interest is the history, the renowned wines and vineyards, short or long walks or beautiful gardens, this region offers you a multitude of guided or self-discovery options. (BLD)

Optional Tours:

* Wine and Garden Tour

Day 4: Napier
An earthquake in 1931 led to the unique rebuilding of this city. The rebuild followed the flourishing art deco trend in America and Europe at that time, and offers a wonderful heritage of art deco architecture. Spend the morning enjoying the sights of the city or embark on an optional adventure tour to Cape Kidnappers Gannet Sanctuary, the world’s largest mainland gannet colony. (BLD)

Optional Tours:

* Cape Kidnappers Overland Gannet Safari
* City Highlights, Wine and Country Tour

Days 5 & 6: Marlborough Sounds
We spend two days exploring an array of spectacular waterways including the fiord-like Queen Charlotte Sound. Retracing the history of Captain Cook we visit Ships Cove a regular stop for Captain Cook on his voyage of discovery and the place where he careened his vessel the Endeavour. The days offer a multitude of explorations aboard the Xplorer and inflatable Zodiacs under the guidance of our Expedition Leader and with interpretation from our experienced Guest Lecturers. Subject to timing you have the option to spend time ashore in Picton. We offer guided visits to Moturoa Island where we enjoy an abundance of birdlife. We farewell the dark green hills and blue-green waters of the Sounds with an evening cruise through the scenic Tory Channel as continue our journey southwards. (BLD)

Day 7: Kaikoura
Today we dedicate to the ultimate marine experience of whale watching with the spectacular backdrop of the Kaikoura coastline. Kaikoura is one of the few places in the world to experience the giant sperm whale in its natural environment. Joined by dusky dolphins, seabirds, fur seals and other migratory whale species this promises to be an experience never forgotten. (BLD)

Day 8: Akaroa
This morning we cruise in to the secluded Akaroa Harbour. This picturesque’ bay hosts a myriad of wildlife including penguins and dolphins. For a special nature experience, you have the opportunity to swim with one of the smallest and rarest dolphins – the Hector’s or New Zealand Dolphin. The town originally settled by the French in the early 19th century, retains its Gallic heritage and ambience. (BLD)

Optional Tours:

* French Farm Wine Tour
* Akaroa Seal Colony Safari
* Swimming with the Dolphins

Day 9: Dunedin
The Otago Harbour welcomes us as we cruise past the world’s largest mainland albatross colony at Tairoa Heads and home of the world rarest penguin, the Yellowed Eyed Penguin. Of Scottish heritage, Dunedin offers a great diversity of experiences from the abundant wildlife to the historic Edwardian and Victorian architecture, the Otakou Maori marae, the famous Speights brewery, Dunedin Public Art Gallery, Settlers Museum and New Zealand’s oldest botanical gardens. We spend a full day in port providing you the option explore areas of interest at your leisure. (BLD)

Optional Tours:

* Stately Home Tour
* Larnarch Castle Guided Tour
* Albatross Centre and Natures Wonders Safari

Day 10: Stewart Island
We cruise to Stewart Island, a large island that is almost totally wilderness and home to a vast number of seals, birds and other wildlife. Here we spend a day of discovery and exploration through the Paterson Inlet and surrounding areas. Either encounter includes guided “Xplorer†and/or Zodiac excursions to maximise the experience to it fullest. Walks ashore under the guidance of our experienced naturalists encounter native birds such as the Weka, Tui, Bellbird, Kaka, Karikari and more. (BLD)

Optional Tour:

* Village and Bays Coach Tour

Day 11: Dusky Fiord
Our first experience of the deep Fiordland waterways begins as we enter Dusky fiord. We spend the day in awe of the spectacular and dramatic natural wilderness as we cruise past the sheer cliffs and tumbling waterfalls of this beautiful landscape. Enjoy the view from the Oceanic Discoverer or choose to explore the inlets on the “Xplorer†or Zodiacs. Rejoin Oceanic Discoverer as we head north to Doubtful fiord to anchor for the evening. (BLD)

Day 12: Doubtful Fiord
Another day awakens to the magnificent scenery of Fiordland. Doubtful fiord the deepest of the fiords will not disappoint. Aboard the “Xplorer†or inflatable Zodiacs we join our informative Guest Lecturers on conduct guided excursions through the maze of spectacular waterways. This evening enjoy the Captains Farewell Cocktails whilst engulfed by the dramatic scenery. (BLD)

Day 13: Milford Sound
Farewell and disembarkation at 8:00am. A complimentary coach transfer to Queenstown is available on the morning of arrival.

S

seamom

Well I'm sorry....I couldn't wait so I've already boarded the ship and am basking in the sun near the pool awaiting you all. After all....no planes to catch and stress out over, nothing to pack or unpack........what are you waiting for......first one of you to climb aboard, I open a bottle of champagne and toast to!

S

seamom

Cheers, Corky!!! So pleased to finally meet you................now who else will join us? I have a magnum of Veuve Cliquot!! :grin

R

reggae

So you guys think you are leaving without me??? Hell no!!

I'm on, sipping the bubbly with Seamom and Corky :cheers

C

cycofan

What good fortune! The private helicopter was able to land in my yard despite the blizzard conditions! I'm onboard, too....but have to be home tomorrow AM, so I'll be keeping the air transportation hopping!

J

JacquieP

There are NO cyclones or rough seas on this cruise! We don't run out of chocolate or Creme Brulee, either.

S

seamom

Silly Connie!!! Wouldn't you have known I'd ordered the chocolate buffet to go with the champagne (and diet cola!!!)...after all...a JE@LOUS cruise doesn't count for one silly calorie.....so enjoy!

N

NiteStar

Since I don't want to get thrown overboard, I'll have to pass on this one as I leave on March 30th for my cruise. But I'm sure you will all have a wonderful virtual time down under.