shout out to all the AFTers

R

reggae

Lots of posters still confused what to post where :dizzy

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion"

K

KathyC

I'm still around but have been really busy lately. I try to drop in at the AFT for my daily fix of what's going on with everybody & I drop in at the Community board to keep up with the latest cruise info.

K

Karry

Don't look now,=secret but E posted a thread about STOCKS that has NOTHING to do with cruises on the Community Forum. :nono How about 20 lashes with a wet noodle :flog :grin

E

ewheelock

Hey there all of the AFT'ers.

I also saw the post about the stock market and was wondering, but I really don't care, what ever!

J

John

Why is everyone trying to split hairs? I've repeatedly tried to explain what each board is and is not. However, I'm still getting people publicly asking "What is and is not allowed on this board?".

Some people are upset that we have changed. Due to any change they have decided to pack up all of their stuff and try to re-create a community board here. However, I have asked, requested and explained several times and to many people privately that this is not what I'd like to see. I've also said that for most users they should keep posting to the community board as they were naturaly before.

I also think its extremely unkind that anyone has decided to single out posts and create havoc behind the scenes. I understand some here may wish to have a fight but, I'm not going to tolerate it. Placing personal attacks on the true people who have your best interest in keeping the forums working is sad.

K

Karry

John, I hope you aren't talking about me! I think you are doing a great job and have no problem with the new formats. I was posting tongue in cheek. I use sarcasm many times as humor and I guess it doesn't always come out the right way in writing. I am thankful that I have this forum to come to every day and have made many good friends and the LAST THING I meant to do is cause a problem. =peace Sorry! =eek

M

MARIPOSA

Hey Capt. just my observation but some people have a harder time being
SUBJECTIVE when making inquirys (especially when they are so emotionally effected) , like clarification about where to post what. Please don't be upset that some of us are still having a hard time figuring this out without expressing our frustration. You may call it splitting hairs but we are still trying to get it straight so we don't upset the apple cart in the future. LOL
I remember as a kid when they were working on the sidewalk between my house and the elementary school and I knew that I wasn't allowed to walk in the street. So I just went home and cried and told my Mom, I can't go to school today. She walked me across the street and all the way to school and I was fine. Of course we are no longer children, but it is still confusing. Remember, you had a long time to figure this out before you made the changes. We got it presented all at once and are still sorting out how we each will respond to the changes. Hopefully everyone will hang around until we get all the 'bugs' out.

Thanks , Mari

R

Rubysky

Guess tossing a coin won't work to decide where to post. I will be forced to use my brain.:D ..........now I have to take the time to see where I misplaced it.

B

bOB

Mariposa, that might be the reason that we are making suggestions and providing examples.

K

KathyC

John, I think you're doing a great job with this site and this was a change that has been needed for a while. Actually, I think the person that made the post a while back about this being a "dying" board was trying to convey this--I never felt the board was dying but it had changed. I am so very happy to have this site to visit everyday but I had noticed how much it had changed from when I found it back in 1999. Maybe it is because I don't post as often as others do but I think people are trying to make it much more difficult than it has to be. Anything cruise related I'm at the community forum & for keeping up with all of the happenings in our little addicts family I visit the Aft section--simple. I try to visit each section & make a post on each section every day. As personal as the community board had become with all of us that drop in here everyday, I really think it would probably be difficult for new people to feel that the community forum was a cruise site. Keep up the good work John. As with anything, people hate change but this was a good change and people will adjust.

R

reggae

It does seem simple to just put ALL cruise topics on the Community Board and all OT's on the Aft Board. That way, newcomers will see all the cruise topics ONLY, in one place.

By putting ALL the OT's over here, it's a simple way for those that don't want to see OT's, to avoid them entirely.

That is the way it is done on many other cruise boards, and they have no difficulties with this method. (If something gets put on the cruise only board by mistake, it gets moved to the "chit-chat" board, etc.)

As far as advertisers, they are on both forums now, so all would see the ads either way.

Why can't we do this??

The way it is now, poster like myself, are afraid of posting the WRONG thing on the Community Board. So I don't feel comfortable posting there any longer, unless I'm posting on one of the moderator's posts.

If this board is to be left for prayers, pets, and concerns, I'm afraid this will become the morbid board, the sad board, and there will be 3 or 4 posters here. Is this really what the moderators want??

L

Lisa63

If I make 50% of my posts on this board, and the rest on the other, does that make me half-AFT?

Sorry... I'm in a strange mood tonight...and a little levity isn't a bad thing, right? :)

H

herb

[quote reggae]It does seem simple to just put ALL cruise topics on the Community Board and all OT's on the Aft Board. That way, newcomers will see all the cruise topics ONLY, in one place.

By putting ALL the OT's over here, it's a simple way for those that don't want to see OT's, to avoid them entirely.

That is the way it is done on many other cruise boards, and they have no difficulties with this method. (If something gets put on the cruise only board by mistake, it gets moved to the "chit-chat" board, etc.)

As far as advertisers, they are on both forums now, so all would see the ads either way.

Why can't we do this??

The way it is now, poster like myself, are afraid of posting the WRONG thing on the Community Board. So I don't feel comfortable posting there any longer, unless I'm posting on one of the moderator's posts.

If this board is to be left for prayers, pets, and concerns, I'm afraid this will become the morbid board, the sad board, and there will be 3 or 4 posters here. Is this really what the moderators want??[/quote]

I agree with you reggae, but I think that's what is slowly taking shape. It seems that the OT posts, as well as prayers etc. are being posted here. If a post is misplaced, it does take time for the moderators to catch it and move it. I would think this might take time since none of them are on the board 24/7

R

reggae

I hope you are right, Herb. It sure would make things a lot more simple around here.

Cruise related topics = Community Board

ANYTHING not cruise related = Aft Board

It is done that way on all of the other cruise boards, and they seem to be real happy with it. Why can't we give it a try???

And by the way....God bless the moderators!

:angel (and I'm going to say an extra prayer for John tonight, too).