Should passengers using a fake vaccine credentials be banned for life ?

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Federal would be tops, that way it would cover all states with the same status without having to deal with juristictions.
I think it should be treated like someone with Aids have sex with out informing the other person of
the condition. In this case using fake cards these people can potentially infect the people they contact
by misinforming them deliberately, I would be happy to see it as a first degree felony.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I would imagine a Criminal LAw will be passed by most countries if there is not one on the books that will cover it all ready. I wouldnt expect courts to do much other than fine . Cruise lines I'm pretty sure will ban you from traveling on their line in the future. For how long ??. Other cruise lines may also reciprocate and I would think at the very least share the information. But you never know with big businesses.

PEB

Staff Captain
I feel they should be banned for life. Think of how many that have come on in the past filling out the medical forms saying they were fine then you see all the stories of all the people that got sick on cruise ships.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I feel they should be banned for life. Think of how many that have come on in the past filling out the medical forms saying they were fine then you see all the stories of all the people that got sick on cruise ships.
Dealing wit thousands of people from all sorts of countries with various histories of "Security" levels will likely mean that this will continue. Not only in the cruise industry. I think Governments will likely leave enforcement up to the Industry at the dock.