Ship Refresh Showdown featuring Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Infinity.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Playful "Ship Refresh Showdown" featuring Captain Nikolaos Frantzis of Celebrity Infinity and Captain Kate McCue of Celebrity Summit. Two Celebrity Cruises ships to undergo bold, new refresh. We will expand our lineup of modern, luxurious outdoor spaces in October 2015, when Celebrity Infinity receives a new “Rooftop Terrace” venue – the first in Celebrity’s fleet – during a scheduled drydock. The drydock work also will broaden Celebrity’s commitment to its Suite Class, with significant renovations to the ships’ Penthouse and Royal Suites, and will include conversion of the ship’s specialty restaurant to one of Celebrity’s signature venues, Tuscan Grille. Celebrity Summit will follow with a similar scheduled drydock in March of 2016.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I've sailed with Captn Nick a few times. That's the most I've ever heard him say and the very most that he's ever smiled. Captain Kate looks like she could take him...lol
Some of us have been discussing the change from the SS United States to a Tuscan grill. None of US are really looking forward to the change. The Old room has a lot of memories. However the Quality of food and staffing and dining experience has gone down to the point where it might just as well be a "Steakhouse" More and more we are getting what "You pay for" and I suspect you can turn oer moe paying folk in a Grill atmosphere. Progress?

and I sure am not looking forward to whatever they are going to do outside in Alaska on the back deck of the Infinity. I'm sure it will work in the Caribbean though.