Ruby Princess 2021

PEB

Staff Captain
Yesterday we booked our next cruise on Princess. We have booked the Ruby Princess doing the west coast out of San Francisco. It will be our first time on the Ruby and our first time leaving and returning to San Francisco. We were in San Francisco on the Coral once on a repositioning cruise but it was thick with fog most the day so we didn't see much. We have been to most the ports in the past but they were all on repositioning cruises on various cruise lines. This will be a 7 day cruise which is extremely short for us so I guess I need to start looking at another cruise to tie into this one. Any info on the Ruby will be appreciated.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
The dedicated coastals are really nice, we have done two of them but both out of LA. The ports will vary a bit depending on if it is a Classic Coastal or a Wine Country. The Ruby is a nice ship, we were on it a few years back and again last April for a 10 day Alaska. Have you been on the Crown or the Emerald, same ship, different carpet. Maybe a variation or two in specialty restaurants but the decks are the same, our first trip on the Ruby thought we were back on the Emerald.
Add some extra days in SFO, will make it seem like a longer cruise especially if you take a couple trips on the Sausalito Tiburon ferry.
Have not been there since they completed the new Cruise Terminal at Pier 27, both times we have been at Pier 35 which is probably the one you were at on your reposition

We are going to try again on the Royal to Mex, our April cruise was shot down so we are going to try it again in Dec over Christmas.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Ah to Plan Haven't reached that stage quite yet. Will be watching to se what everyone has available return Vancouver before I travel further.

PEB

Staff Captain
The dedicated coastals are really nice, we have done two of them but both out of LA. The ports will vary a bit depending on if it is a Classic Coastal or a Wine Country. The Ruby is a nice ship, we were on it a few years back and again last April for a 10 day Alaska. Have you been on the Crown or the Emerald, same ship, different carpet. Maybe a variation or two in specialty restaurants but the decks are the same, our first trip on the Ruby thought we were back on the Emerald.
Add some extra days in SFO, will make it seem like a longer cruise especially if you take a couple trips on the Sausalito Tiburon ferry.
Have not been there since they completed the new Cruise Terminal at Pier 27, both times we have been at Pier 35 which is probably the one you were at on your reposition

We are going to try again on the Royal to Mex, our April cruise was shot down so we are going to try it again in Dec over Christmas.

We have never been on the Crown or Emerald so it will be the first time for us on this class ship. We had looked at booking the Emerald this year for a 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti but changed our minds for various reasons. We do hope to go to San Francisco a few days early to look around unless we tie another cruise on in advance of this one.

We did look at the Royal for the west coast but we had been on the Regal and even though a nice ship we thought we would try a different class ship. The Regal was not really our favorite Princess ship. The crew was great there were just some things about the ship that didn't seem to our liking.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
I did miss the little nitch eateries on the Ruby, but they do have the Crab Shack 2 nights but when we were on last year no fanfair about it check with reservations, Curtis Stone Share replaced Sabatini's and they are adding a Steamers and a Planks in 21 so you may get lucky and they will be in by the time you go.

PEB

Staff Captain
I did miss the little nitch eateries on the Ruby, but they do have the Crab Shack 2 nights but when we were on last year no fanfair about it check with reservations, Curtis Stone Share replaced Sabatini's and they are adding a Steamers and a Planks in 21 so you may get lucky and they will be in by the time you go.

I never go to any of the specialty restaurants on any ship. I appreciate the information but you will not see me in any of them.