RCL Diamond and Diamond Plus --- To --- Elite On Celebrity

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Recently off the Celebrity Equinox....early summer cruise to East and West Caribbean. We were invaded by RCL frequent cruisers (not a bad thing) Mostly from Florida. Was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the cross over benefits of one to the other. Last time I went over I was kinda disappointed but it was 10 yrs ago. I'm still elite on X.
Also has the "perk" program actually almost killed the Elite Lounge ? Most folks are getting a drink package some how or other .. ;) and with that really never show up for the "Free cocktails" Most people there were crossover from RCL ..not from the X program.

George C

Staff Captain
We were elite on our first celebrity cruise because of diamond on rccl, really did not use any perks since we were in suite and had suite perks ,even on rccl we still buy drink package even though we have access to suite and diamond lounges.

SUNNYDAY6

Deck Crew
Recently off the Celebrity Equinox....early summer cruise to East and West Caribbean. We were invaded by RCL frequent cruisers (not a bad thing) Mostly from Florida. Was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the cross over benefits of one to the other. Last time I went over I was kinda disappointed but it was 10 yrs ago. I'm still elite on X.
Also has the "perk" program actually almost killed the Elite Lounge ? Most folks are getting a drink package some how or other .. ;) and with that really never show up for the "Free cocktails" Most people there were crossover from RCL ..not from the X program.
Why when they get free drinks??

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member

Most people at the Elite and Elite plus or above (yes there are a few "Zeniths" around (but they now have there OWN lounge) obviously cruise quite a bit or have lots of money or sometimes even both. :bigsmilehn: When booking either money is not problem or they are smart bookers and most time end up with a "Perk" or two..... one of which one is usually a drink package and they use that all day and have no need to join the rest of us more frugal cruisers for freebie cocktails in the "Elite Lounge"
It does remain a way to meet some long time cruisers still but not like it used to be.

SUNNYDAY6

Deck Crew
Well the drink package which even if discounted would cost 600. for two. I wonder also why so many are getting this??

SUNNYDAY6

Deck Crew
That is ridiculous.
I don't believe MOST people are paying 600. verses free drinks. Even if they reduced the drink package to 40% per day that's still 560.00 for 2 not including the tips of 18%. lol i doubt that everyone is purchasing this package. I like my drinks as much as the next person but i am happy with unlimited in the diamond lounge and 3 vouchers a day in bars. I can wait until happy hour. You must purchase 2 drink packages that makes it over 560. at discounted rate and over 600. for regular priced

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
sorry i thought i was on rccl forum my bad

Well regardless come back and join in anyways...lol Cause you are indeed on the RCL forum...

The reason most folks get the other perks is bargaining with the cruise line either by themselves watching deals and or with their TA. Some times free (well almost free) or thrown in by the TA.

Routine pricing that one sees on the Cruiseline's websites usually show it being a deal but in fact normally the regular price is inflated previously or somehow to counter the added perk which they now throw in BUT frequent cruisers play the game. A well rounded TA working for you can really help.

Which is why a lot of folks have packages......and of course there are those with money that it just doesn't matter too. A drink package regardless of how you get it usually eliminates that pax from the lounges for Diamond gathering or Elite on X. When ordering a drink at the bar without a package I find my server looking at me funny and wondering why I don't have a package. They of course try to sell me one....but I just don't need one. The odd bottle of water gets me by. My perks go to Gratuities and OBC which covers my odd bottle of water. :thumbs up:

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member