Peacocks

D

debowah

My daughter lives in a semi-rural area in Florida. Lately, they have peacocks in the neighborhood. The other day they were in her driveway, admiring their reflections in her car. Today they got in her screened patio. Do any of you extremely knowledgeable and helpful people have any suggestions to help her discourage them from remaining around her home. Thanks for any insight that you can offer.

R

reggae

Wow, that must be something to see! But sorry, I wouldn't know what to do to chase them away.

I've only seen them at the zoo, but they are surely beautiful to look at.

R

Rubysky

They are beautiful but they scream...loud. We won't even go into how large their droppings are.::eek:

She could get one of those motion detector water repellent devices. There are scented repellents for birds and the ever popular spike strips. There are ultrasonic devices might make them uncomfortable. I don't know if they are different than the ones advertised for rodents.

B

BostonsJ

Yikes that is a new one. I haven't a clue what to do. Maybe animal control could tell her. What a mess that could make. Good Luck.

R

r8derfan

Well the only info I have on Peacocks is that I was attacked by one when I was twelve at Sea World. I got a little to close when trying to get a picture with my Kodak Instamatic camara. :lol

I

iluvcruzin

Gee.. I don't know. But I think it's an old wives tale that if single woman has a peacock feather in her home, she will stay a maiden. If she's not married keep them out. :lol

D

debowah

Thanks anyway, animal control can't help. They are protected animals and can't be caught. She might call a nearby zoo-type place and see if they are interested in taking them off of her hands or patio as it is.

R

Rubysky

She better start chasing them and making them feel unwanted as much as she can. I believe mating season has either started or it's about to. Get out the broom and noisemakers.
Does she have neighbors that would rat on her if she trapped & relocated them?

G

GloBug

They make excellent watch birds. LOUD like you would not believe!!!

We have wild turkeys here. Several flocks in my neighborhood. Never knew a turkey could fly that high up a tree. Pretty cool to see. But a few loud GOBBLE GOBBLES are different than a few loud peacock screeches!

D

debowah

Brooms and noisemakers it is. :lol I don't think they could be caught, unnoticed, they are quite large and loud. :help
Thanks for your suggestions everyone!!