Oregon man says he's pregnant

I

islandJim

I love how they are calling him a man and that he had a "sex change" to a man. Why because she doesn't shave and had a double mastectomy? Foolish! If it has female organs, it's female. =twocents

D

Donna - dsw

Very confushing - I agree - - hope they are good parents though and that is all that matters.

N

nieciez

If the reproductive organs haven't been removed and male hormone therapy stopped I'd think that would make him/her still female.

R

Rubysky

I agree with the others, she has no male organs, just female plumbing and a beard. The article did not say anything about the sperm donor, I don't think I want to know anyway.
That is going to be one confused child.

G

GloBug

He must be classified legally a man if he's actually legally married and has a wife. Only Mass. honors same-sex marriages. Wait... does that make his wife gay? =huh

R

Rubysky

Guess it does, after all he/she is not a full male, just a bearded lady with chest reconstruction surgery. He/She is not a man. He/She’s a woman taking male hormones. Chromosomes don't lie, he/she is still has xx chromosomes.
He/she may be classified as a man but he/she isn't a male.

I

iluvcruzin

Good for them. Hope they have a healthy child. As far as confused, kids can be much more confused from being raised in a environment where there is violence or abandonment that in one where the child is wanted and loved.

G

GloBug

Yup, that's my take on it too, ILC! But can you imagine the looks he'll get in the men's room? LOL!

C

Cricket

Loving parents are essential...but it is society that will possibly make this situation unbearable for the children. I'll probably get remarks to my thoughts, but I don't care. They say adults can be mean but I have been in the school system too long to say that children won't pick on this child. They will, but I hope the child's parents teach them to ignore ridicule and go on with their lives. My honest opinion is I feel sorry for any child put in this situation . It is a crazy world.

G

GloBug

Oh, you sure have a point there, but there is also the fact that kids today are growing up in a world that accepts differences as the new norm. It will be interesting to see if this becomes news anywhere else but this board.

G

gottacruz

when i told the people at work about this person being pregnant, they thought what, they didnt believe it, just like that gal a couple of weeks ago, who had to be rescued after sitting in the bathroom for two years.