Opinons on diapers needed.

G

Gayle V

Hi all,

I need to know which brand of disposable baby diapers is the best. I intend to buy a bunch of them for a good friend's daughter and want to get a good brand.

( I would ask my daughter in law, but she only uses G-Diapers for Sonora. Those are too expensive, and are really for the seriously ecology minded.) This gal who just had a baby is seriously broke and will be happier having more of the main stream brand diapers, as opposed to fewer of those that will save the planet.)

Also, the baby was about 7 pounds at birth and is 5 weeeks now. If you know diaper sizes, what size do you think I should I buy?

Can anyone guestimate how many diapers would a baby use in a month?

B

BostonsJ

Let's see. My daughter has always used Huggies. She compared them with Pampers and she likes the shape of the Huggies better not as many leaks, and also they seem to pull the moisure away more. She also said she believes they are softer than Pampers.

A baby up to 14 pounds should be able to fit into stage 1. They do sell newborn size but generally they don't fit into them very long. So what I have done is buy a couple of weeks supply of newborns and then the rest is up one size. Newborns need changing much more than older babies. So I would figure on 7 or 8 diapers a day. All of the diaper boxes and bags have size information on them. I'd go with stage one if the baby is already 5 weeks old.

Walmart is the best bet for diapers in my opinion. Sometimes Sams club but Audra always found Walmart to be comparible if not cheaper.

K

KathyC

I do daycare here (for 20+ yrs) and over all these yrs every mother has preferred Pampers except for 1 that chose Huggies. Pampers has the Swaddler in sizes newborn to a 2/3; the Swaddlers are especially nice & soft & you can almost always find a $ off coupon in the Sunday paper..

C

cycofan

Having LOTS of experience with diapers....I agree with the Pampers Swaddlers recommendation. I like the shape of them, and they have the stretchy tabs which are nice. They seem to hold more than Huggies - and Ben is a big milk drinker, so we test their limits some overnights! Once they are out of Swaddlers, they move up to Cruisers - with Sesame Street characters on them....Ben likes "Mo Mo" - better known as Elmo to you and me!

B

Bruce

I agree with the swaddlers #1. Also you can get the nighttime diaper that will work better during the night.

B

bOB

And if you can't trust Bruce about diapers the world has just come to an end........................

N

nieciez

My DD uses Pampers too and I bought the Swaddlers NB for little Madison

new pic taken today

DSC04999.JPG.jpg

G

Gayle V

Hello Denise, That little Madison is absolutely adorable. So cute !

And thanks everyone, for the primer on diapers. Very helpful. :grin

C

conniecat

Ah, Niecez, how beautiful! I just wanted to add, check out Walgreens price on diapers. I am not sure how they work it now, but when I was there we would sell them below cost, what they call a loss leader. They took a cut on them because people would buy other things when they came in and make up for the loss, so you could usuallly get a great bargain on them.

J

Jstchlin

My daughter uses Huggies. We tried Pampers once, because they were a gift and they leaked. We purchase our Huggies at Costco, in the real big boxes for about $37 for 200-240 depending on size needed.

R

reggae

Just wanted to say "Welcome" to Jstchlin :)

Come back again and tell us all about yourself and what cruises you have coming up too!

As for the diapers....can't help but it sounds like you have some good advice from the pro's!

C

Cricket

Boy, oh boy! Am I glad my kids are grown! I couldn't afford the price of those diapers! Besides a gift for a baby shower my daughter was invited to, they required you to bring a package of baby diapers along with your gift! Geez, The diapers cost as much as the gift did!