One thing I always do

PEB

Staff Captain
I have cruised since 1991 on 8 different cruise lines many times over and over. One thing I always do no matter where I am cruising is research in advance of every cruise. I do research on the ship, the route and the ports. I have been to quite a few places multiple times yet I still do research on those places. You may ask why when I have been there. I do research because things do change. There may be new things to do or see in the ports. The ships do change in various dry docks. The routes may change some of the ports you go to or you may want a new route just to change ports. In other words I suggest you always do research to make every cruise a new experience and to find the best way to spend your time on a cruise. One thing that always changes is the new people I meet on every cruise.

red stripe

Staff Captain
I think that is what sets seasoned cruisers apart, they always do their own homework.

and oh yes, you are so right….things can change from one cruise to another.
way back in the early days of this board a fairly new cruiser said to me that they were intimidated by cruisers that had tons of cruises.
They felt that with their few cruises they had nothing in the way of information to share.

I pointed out that the only cruises that counted in the information aspect were the latest cruises.

heck.my first ship was the “Hillary” lol
any information I could give on that ship is totally useless..It has been ground down to ashtrays decades ago!
In fact…come to think of it, most of those early ships went the same way.

PEB

Staff Captain
I think that is what sets seasoned cruisers apart, they always do their own homework.

and oh yes, you are so right….things can change from one cruise to another.
way back in the early days of this board a fairly new cruiser said to me that they were intimidated by cruisers that had tons of cruises.
They felt that with their few cruises they had nothing in the way of information to share.

I pointed out that the only cruises that counted in the information aspect were the latest cruises.

heck.my first ship was the “Hillary” lol
any information I could give on that ship is totally useless..It has been ground down to ashtrays decades ago!
In fact…come to think of it, most of those early ships went the same way.
Many of the ships I have cruised on are gone now or have been sold and are sailing under other cruise lines. I know my favorite ships are no longer sailing.

George C

Staff Captain
I have cruised since 1975 , about 75 cruises, on many lines , many lines that no longer exist like Home, Renaissance, Italian etc . We now just sail on 3 lines rccl for oasis class, celebrity I like all the classes and MSc yacht club . We actually stay on the ship for many ports , always book suites and don’t need to research much.

red stripe

Staff Captain
we too stay onboard in lots of ports. In fact, on this upcoming cruise.. we rented a cabana for the whole cruise, so we are set.
and it is scary.. but I beat both of you on the starting date. lol when I mention paddles, I am not too far from the truth.

SS Hilary..... 1949 yep.. older than dirt.