On the road..er..air, sea..again…

red stripe

Staff Captain
So we are sat in the lounge waiting for our flight… I have sampled the chili..

Nope! …..To me.. Chili should make my eyeballs sweat!

But the wine is good, and they had some kind of soft cheese surrounded by a crunchy edge to it.. and it was GREAT!

No..it did not make my eyeballs sweat.. but it had fire. So life is good…

Soon we will head down to catch the plane to Atlanta.. and the afternoon storms are rolling in.oh goodie… I hate flying and and I hate storms!

OK.. Einstein just pointed out that I was getting alerts from home..and not where we are right now! I love it..

OK… so just boarded the flight. And they have brought me a glass of bubbly…at this rate I will have trouble boarding the next next flight…

oh yes.. I just received an alert… a storm is nearby…..

red stripe

Staff Captain
Thank you.. we have moved into another sky lounge.. I just ate a bag of potatoe chips.. at this rate..nothing that I packed will fit

it actually was a great flight. The crew took us all around the storms.
so we are in Atlanta waiting to board the next leg..
the loooonnnggg leg.

I will continue to do what I once did…. bore the heck out of the board..
hi. john and BC…

red stripe

Staff Captain
Ps… COVID IS WITH US FOR LIFE,
I got it after the Alaska cruise last month.. and other than becoming a slug…..snoozing on the couch.. snoozing everywhere.. I was fine.
But with three.. yep.. 3 boosters.. we have done all that we can do. And we refuse to put our lives on hold any longer.

Ops.. time to head to the next cattle car…..

red stripe

Staff Captain
Arrived in Atlanta..and another sky lounge……hic! lol I ate a bag of potato chips…..at this rate I will not be able to fit into anything that I packed!

And now we are on the plane.. they have already served me a mimosa…
And we are ready to take off.

Sitting in The White Star Tavern having a beer. The flight was fine, and we slept most of the way.

But they are having trouble over here with baggage handlers… we waited one hour and thirty min for our luggage.

But finally the carousel started to disgorge suitcases and we met our driver and were on our way..

so now the holiday really begins..

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
ZZZZZzzzzzz.. Bon Voyage.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Bon Voyage! I hope you will share more updates and some pictures too?

red stripe

Staff Captain
Good..something? Not sure of the time.
right now we are sailing towards Lerwick in the Shetland isles, so I have fallen behind.
but when things slow down around here I will play catch up.
going to be in the 50 degree range tomorrow. Good by me..I am enjoying cooler temps.
time to catch some zzzzzzzzzzs

red stripe

Staff Captain
The White Star was great as usual….we checked in and the first room they gave is was on the 3 rd floor…4th floor to you yanks…

The A/C did not work, so we were relocated down a floor. Usually having a/c is not a problem here, but it is unseasonably hot, so much needed.

We went out for a walk around the old walls and waterside.
A9AD9543-41CE-4141-A847-6487329BC9EC.jpeg

and kept bumping into rabbits!

C33BC336-A5A4-4C88-B0DB-B569F291CE94.jpeg
400B6FC1-54A6-43DD-8477-25FECB833893.jpeg

After our walk and evening meal, we headed up the wooden hill ( stairs) and settled in to snooze. It had been a very long day, so even though it was only 8.30pm in England, we had been on the go for almost 30 hours.

We went out like lights!

Suddenly we were startled awake by the fire alarm going! It only went for a little while, but now we are wide awake! There was no sounds of panic, so Einstein went down into the bar to see if everything was OK.

“ oops..sorry mate, someone hit the alarm on accident”!

Fortunately that was the last excitement for the evening, and we zonked out.

The next morning we had breakfast, sat outside..as the weather has been great. And breakfast is included in your stay.

Then the taxi arrived and we headed to the ship.

While waiting to board the ship, Jim was called to security! We were puzzled, as we could not think of anything that would raise a red flag.. but off he went. The problem was “ magnets”! We have a couple of those great magnets for use onboard ships. Usually they are not a problem, but this time the location in his suitcase was too close to everything else that he had that were attracted to magnets!

So they all congregated into a lump that confounded the scanners lol

Once the mystery was solved, we were allowed to board.

Luggage arrived, unpacked.. and we headed out for sail-away.

Sailing out of Southampton is always interesting, as the Isle of Wight is right there.. and there are always tons of sailing boats that love to flirt with the ship.

We wandered around the ship, figured out our bar of choice..and settled in.

For those that have sailed on her sister ship.. The Coral Princess.. be aware that they did some changes on the Island Princess.. none of them to benefit you or me.

They took out “ Vines” and the aft showroom and added cabins! So more pax.. less room! Plus it means that you can no longer walk the full promenade.