Now I know how conniecat feels...

R

reggae

That DARN CAT!

Several times now, he managed to get himself behind all the wires for the computer. So all of a sudden, everything goes off! The first time it happened, I thought it was a power outage. Now, he's done it a few times, and I keep my fingers crossed that everything will be okay, when I re-start the whole system.

.....Then today....he really did it to me.

I was printing something this morning, and I get nothing. So I turn it all off and on again...nothing. What can I do?

I remove the entire printer (complicated system) off the computer, then try to re-install it. Problem is, now it doesn't like my Windows Vista, so I have to go to the website, spend hours figuring out which software to load, and download it from the internet. Takes about an hour for download.

Then re-install printer....NOTHING!

Come to find out, the USB cord was out (just a little) not connected. I WONDER WHO DID THAT?????

I think this cat is out to get me. He likes messing with me, that's for sure.

D

duskbat

i got all my plastic wires tucked away cause pixie my cat chews on wires only if they are live and have power in them . i lost many good wires.

C

conniecat

I imagine you are remembering a couple months ago when Maxie and one of the others got into a fight under my desk and pulled out my video card. My son had to take the whole thing apart to reconnect it. I was without a computer for 2 days. Aren't cats fun?

C

cjbee

When my Dino was a kitten and l lived with my mother, he would get on the sinks and remove the drain catchers with his paws, and hide them under the china hutch in the living room. What a devil he was!

He was also a fan of chewing - chewed up the fm antenna for my stereo, and loved to chew on plastic bags - any kind, shape, or size!
CJ

R

reggae

Funny you mentioned that CJ, he actually got into a bag of dry macaroni the other day, and chewed it open. Believe me, he gets fed well, so I don't understand why he is doing this, either?

G

GloBug

Our mischievous cats are probably indoor cats. It might be the Thrill of the Hunt. Granted our pc's and bags of macaroni aren't even moving, but it's still something to get into... silly little kitties.

I put a lot of potted plants on my bedroom deck, and the snapdragons were BEE-UU-TEE-FUL... until Kitten went out there and bit them all off at the base, then laid on the rest of them. Grrr....

B

BostonsJ

I haven't had cats in years but I swear they just sit there and think of ways to get into trouble. They love a good chase and to get into things.

I'm glad you got it all back up and running Reggae.