My Paella that I made tonight....

C

Corky

PaellaIngredients.jpg

Paella.jpg

C

conniecat

Oh, my, that looks wonderful! I fell asleep and just woke up, it is late and I need to fix dinner. Can you send me some????

C

Corky

Thanks everyone, it was delicious!! The ingredients are: chicken that I cooked in saffron, then I strained the broth and used that for the rice. Shrimp, onions, red pepper, garlic, spinach, white wine. And we had crusty rolls alongside. For dessert we had angel food cake, with a medley of blueberries, mango & strawberries, and whipped cream. Yum!!

R

reggae

That's it, Corky, I'm coming to your house for left-overs :)

Have you ever thought of opening a little restaurant?

C

Corky

Thank you Maw, that is so kind of you to say that. =hug

Really, this dish only has 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Then whatever fat from the shrimp & chicken. I did slather my roll with a bunch of Smart Balance Lite. But I only ate one roll, I'm a Bread Head and I could have had more, but I am trying to get out of that habit. It is a hard habit to break!!

C

Corky

reggae - I have thought for many years about opening a little restaurant. I've always wanted to serve a light breakfast and have All of the Newspapers from around the world available for the diners to read. And then a nice little lunch menu. No supper. My older sister could do breakfast and all of the deserts because she is Betty Crocker!! :) My little sister could do all of the relish trays, and fussy little stuff like that. I would do the Big pots of stuff, like Paella and Soups and stuff. Oh, my older sister could do her famous smoked turkey salad....Yum!!!

Thank you for the compliment and I'll let you know if it ever happens!! :)

C

Corky

Thanks Bostongal - it was yummy and I can't wait for lunch. : )

And thanks Donna - I am an organized cook, and I am a wash as you go, cook too. When we sat down to eat the only thing that needed washing, other than our plates, etc...was the pan I cooked the paella in. Everything else had been washed and was draining. I do have a dishwasher, but I save that for plates, cups, glasses, utensils, etc...

I really don't know what we are doing for supper, maybe cereal tonight. Easy-breezy!!!

C

Corky

Thanks Nieciez - I think we are going to have some for leftovers tonight. I was going to have cereal, but now I want
paella. :)