More fun with Hoveround and my ins company

C

conniecat

OK,. I have ranted off and on about my woes with this company. How they didn't send my paperwork, then the techicians didn't show up when the PT came, and they all had to come back the next day. How the tech told me I would hear from them in a day or tow that the paperworlk had been sent to my ins company and it took two weeks instead.

Today I get a letter from the insurance company. It was very interesting, so I called Hoveround to straighten our this last mess. Turns out, it was NOT their fault this time, but the ins.

The letter thanked me for my recent application for a predetermination of benefits for my panniculectomy. But, they needed more info from a professional PT as to why I need help moving around my home.

Number one= Hoveround actually had faxed this information twice to the ins company.

Number two= the interesting one, A panniculectomy is abdominal surgery, actually a tummy tuck This is the first I heard of this operation I neither planned on, nor applied for benefits for.

The ins person had a copy of the letter, but no one had caught the operation reference. I waited while she read it, and dissolved into gales of laughter. She kept saying, "You needed a PT to tell them you couldn't get around your home unless you had a tummy tuck??? They must think you couldn't get through the doors without one.!! I was not amused, but she was hysterical. Then, we both agreed the company had lost it.

So then I called them, and this rep made me wait while she dissolved into gales of laughter. She said someone had punched in the wrong code and she would straighten it out. Thank goodness.

So, now I still wait. I have a major convention to attend next weekend, and I needed the scooter for that. Guess that is not going to happen, I will have to rent one. Somebody somewhere thinks I am maide of money.

G

GloBug

LOL! Yeah, I bet the mental pictures they had of you needing a tummy tuck was something else! All it takes is one wrong key stroke... Hope this gets worked out soon for you!

M

maw

Connie I can sypthizer with you for sure.l When I applied for a scooter I ended up with a wheel chair(electric )the reason I wanted the scooter was to travel with and a 500 lb wheel chair is not meant for traveling easily. My insurance was not even going to pick up the difference at first but finally did. I gave up and contacted the supply house connected with the hospital and found they had used scooters available to rent and to purchase. We rented them the first cruise and have since [puchased them ourselves at very reasonable prices.. It has come in handy that I have both as Paw forgets at times to charge his and he uses mine--and his chair had to go in for an overhaul after a year. Looks like again he has been to two wars and goat roping with it. We haven't convinced him it is not a bull dozer or John Deere tractor.

C

conniecat

Well, in spite of it all, they called and said the insurance compnay had approved it and I will probably get my new scooter next week, $125 less than I had planned on!

A

audrey

i am so glad that things have worked out I hope you are feeling a little better when you read this post.

M

maw

Since you have a way to haul it you will really enjoy having it. We can go places with them we couldn't go otherwise.