Maw's Office Ramble

M

maw

Good morning all!!! Grab tht hot cuppa and come by and chat. Fresh air fiend here came thru extra early opening windows and doors with temps of 60 outside. He has been freezing me all summer with AC. I keep a blanket pulled up to my chin half the time. Have to admit the fresh air does smell and feel refreshing. He is really ready to go this morning has his leg on and shoes. Think he has stayed still as long as he cn stand. I have to get up and move housewrk has been really suffering since we got hme.

Yesterday was a fun day getting in touch and exchanging info with various C@. Paw said I was chattering on phone an awfu lot . I have got my hotel for Miami for the Jewel Cruise and my shuttle reservations Now if you want a cruise connected money maker it is shuttles. Prices are so high but they ae s necessary to have arranged ahead for us with the two scooters. It is a relief to know how and when we can get from place to place though . I am not sure I coudn't have bought a used car abt as cheap. Note to Maw next time you book plane take into consideration the cost of transportation from airport and also don't book it so early in morning. Not really saving anything flying into Ft. Lauderdale..

another thing abt hotels-when you are checking out hotels which are accesable yoou almost have to spell out everything. Paw has to have a roll in shower and even I have difficulty stepping up and lver into a tub. If they have a pul bar someplace many consider they are accessable. Wrong.

I do want to commernt on the crew and passengers on the Star. We were traveling with so many thoughtful people. Everyone was ready to dash t elevator and holding it until we could get to door to get on or hold door until we got off or push buttons for us. On other cruises it seems at time the elevator was so hard t get on-people woud walk around a scooter and crowd into elevatr not leaving room for us or refuse t move to one side so we could get in and share. One of great things traveling with Jan she makes an excellant elevator help and keeping us going the right way-Paw doesn't hear me but he does Jan. Jan thanks for all your help.

Have a good day all hope you feel as good as I do.

What is happening in your corner of sandbox?

J

JANPEP

Good Morning Maw & @ddict friend's,
Maw, it was nice chatting with you yesterday. It's a pleasure to be able to help you & Paw. I too noticed that on the Star other people were helpful & polite. It just never seemed crowded on the Star, except the morning we were getting off. They need to change the way they do that. The crew on the Star were all great except maybe my room stewart, he was a jerk.
The Mariner was a nightmare as far as getting elevator's & people crowding.
I take it Paw's sore on his leg is better if he has his sock & shoe on the morning. Don't rush on the housework, it will wait.
I'am sure the shuttle's will only get more expensive with the price of gas. I bet the charge more when they are handicapped equipt.
Cool (57) again this morning, but warming up nice to about 80 with no humidity.
I was able to get out for my walk yesterday & hope to again today.
Take care

M

maw

One of reson shuttles cost more is the cost of adding lift to van and the space two people with scooters take they can carry less passengers.. Actually I disembrking went very easy. We waited in Explorer bar and when color called we rode and walked right off with our roll ons . We never stopped walking or had to wait. Now when we tried to use elevator on 7 earlier we got mixed up with people who had luggage and were disembarking earlier that was a zoo for sure. That line snaked around the almost full length of ship blocking hall ways and elevators.

N

nieciez

Good morning Maw and Ramble gang. The weather is cooler her in VA today too....chance of rain on the way which we need.

I agree with you Maw that the Star embarkation and debarkation went very smoothly. It may have been the best debarkation we've ever experienced. We were on our way to the airport in no time at all. Only crowds aboard the ship seemed to be in the Horizon Court for breakfast, LOL.

Not much happening in my neck of the woods. Very busy here at work negotiating our new contract year....in lots of meetings...plus trying to work on normal end of month tasks.

Well, better get back at it....hope everyone has a good day.

J

JANPEP

That's the mess I was talking about Maw, the people taking their own luggage off. All the evevator's on 7 were blocked.

D

Donna - dsw

Good Morning Everyone!

Busy day at work for me again also. Not sure what is going on! lol

I feel much better today. Took some algery meds last night and went to bed early. Gave Nathan a bath and had him in bed at 8:00 pm. He starts school Wednesday and the bus picks him up at 7:30 am. That is way too early for 2nd grader.

Anyway I hit the bed almost as soon as he did! lol That is one good thing about babysitting on a Monday night - early to bed.

It is cool here today and supposed to be cooler the next couple of days. We usually don't get this kind of weather until late Sept. Supposed to rain Friday night - so not sure what we will do about the Jimmy Buffett party! Will have to wait and see.

Hope you all have a great day - - be careful and enjoy!

K

korinalacount

Morning gang,very tired,Johns allergies were really bothering him last night,he got up 4 times for a drink of water(er 24 oz. bottle and sneezing,told him he needs to slow down,he put in 15 pavers yesterday on the expansion of our patio,you have to lay the brick,dig the dirt up,lay the thing that doesnt have you having weeds,rope off and measure ect,involves math,measuring,the pavers each weigh 49 pounds! He wanted 16x16 inch ones to match the ones that were already laid so it takes him about 2 hours just to do 5 of them but it looks really nice!

Then we went to Lowes twice,one of the support beams,er pole to our deck was rotting so we bought a new one,it was about 10 feet high,so the top is down and its in the back seat and front seat with me,lol! We get it home,this weighs about a 100 pounds,John takes off old post and voila we liked the bigger opening it gave us to get down to patio from deck,so we dont use it,back to Lowes with the pole and the stares from people,we pick up a 2x4 in cedar instead and where John took out the post he layed that and grouted it since their was not slate under that,he used a grey grout,slatthered it over the cedar plank and it blends in well enough with the slate so doesnt look out of place,then we went to Spencers my favorite flowering and vegetable stand and looked at water fountains for the front yard and I am going to paint the front door in Packer gold/yellow to make the brown of our house pop! So we are tired,and it was 90 here yesterday,nothing on TV but Democratic crap so might as well work,having friends over today,have a chocolate cherry cake cooking,with fudge frosting and cherries and chocolate whorls on top,have to wash floors,did bathrooms yesterday and even gave Fred a bath so everyone is pretty tonight,lol!John starts oncall Thursday,no Labor Day weekend for us so celebrating tonight!

Everyone have a great day!

P

popcorn

Good morning. I woke up to a black cat looking at me through the window from the carport! Kinda freaked me out!

Glad that Paw is up and getting around this morning. I thought yesterday that Alf was going to be joining him on the diabetic sore foot brigade but he was able to see a dr. yesterday morning who discovered a piece of glass in his heel! The foot is still sore but the glass has been removed!

I got the lino all scrubbed yesterday, today I will be washing clothes and swiffering the laminate. It is cooler so not too bad to work in.

Hope that all are well.

Liz

A

audrey

Good Morning Maw and gang

Well it seems like when it cools down back east it gets hot out here we have had a mild summer but we are in for very hot weekend just when nascar comes to town. It was 110 last year I sure hope it does not get that hot here for the weekend.
Nothing planned for weekend we don't like to travel on holiday weekends. Last year we lost our electricity I sure hope that won't happen again.
It was still very hot out last night and we were unable to open windows to sleep it makes it hard I enjoy fresh air but lets hope it cools down some what tonight.
Well everyone try and stay cool and safe and have a good day.

R

red stripe

Good morning maw and ramble gang..

I have been busy preparing for this weekend holiday. I am pleased to announce that the "Einstein Hotel" is ready for business.. well, the rooms are :lol

Jack, sorry I could not honour your request for a discount due to damage to the screen door. But it is repaired and in my opinion.. better than ever. Plus as you can see in the following photo, there has been an upgrade in your room.. with the addition of the window sheers :grin

EinsteinInn003.jpg

Amazing what a photo can do at times.. as the paint in this room is actually the same shade as the Caribbean ocean. so adjust the colours in the bedspread accordingly :lol

Bedroom #2 is also ready for occupancy.. and both rooms come equipped with the bathrobes hanging behind each door, fresh colour coordinated towels per room and also Princess slippers :grin

EinsteinInn002-1.jpg

Towel colours for room #1 are yellow, and towels for room # 2 are white.

The little dog is being groomed.. and I am finalizing the menu and preparing for a days baking in the early am :lol

I was thinking.. "bangers and mash".. but did not want to spring that one on you without warning :grin

Sadly the weather does not seem to be cooperating, as it is raining at this time, But the pool is ready, and the three floating chairs are ready to assist in the floating brain trust... red, honey and Jeanie....
Pool boy, your net skimmer is ready for you, plus a tray to facilitate in the serving of those refreshments to be delivered to the "floating three".

Now to get serious.....

JAN..... thank you. You are very thoughtful indeed.

maw, I hope that Paw is still watching out for that sore spot. Now I must get to work, time is ticking........

oh.. PS.. ketchup is STILL the best way to clean brass :grin

T

Tobyn

Good morning fellow @ddicts! ! ! I got a bit of a late start this AM. Have to check in from work. Its getting a bit cooler here overnight. This morning it was 38* on the way to work. Still about a week early for that cool of morning, but I do not want to complain. The daytime high have been glorious! Had the sunroof open again on the way home yesterday.

Have a great day everyone, and stay safe! ! ! !

B

Beryl

Good morning ramblers all! It is sunny but cool here this morning and that suits me just fine. I have some housework that needs to be tackled and cooler is better on those days. There is already a load of laundry in and another in the dryer. Other than that the only thing I need to do today is post those trivia questions and make a trip to the library to get my hands on the Annie Proulx book! (Library here is not open on Mondays)

Korina, just reading your note this morning made me sweat!

Liz, glad that Alf got that piece of glass out...yikes...that could have gotten nasty!

Red, great photos of the B & B ! What kind of cake are you having for dessert?? :)

Hope everyone gets over their allergies when the weather changes....including me. It's been a bad summer for stuffed up sinuses!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay safe and be happy in it!

R

red stripe

Beryl.. right now I am not sure about a cake. But I am leaning towards a few cooler desserts.

I know I will make two dream pies.. I was going to make an ice cream pie.. but maybe another time.
I will make a coconut cream pie, and also the chilled lemonade dessert, garnished with whipped cream and raspberries.. and I will make some cookies.
Perhaps we will have scones and jam and cream one afternoon.. as I have some homemade strawberry jam ready.

meals.. well, Wed will be easy.. sandwiches and clam chowder...
I will do the shrimp with cheese ravioli perhaps on Friday, I have the easy crock pot french dip for one night.. Monday will be the usual hamburgers and hot doge on the grill.. I am still in the "thinking" stage here :grin

D

Donna - dsw

Red - that B & B seems to keep getting the same guests - - when do the rest of us get our invite! lol

Just kidding - glad you all get together as often as you do. Have a great weekend!

M

maw

well I have started calling for our dinner Sunday night. Want to do a birthday cake for Sept Birthdays which are Billy 3, Jamie, and Little Julian. Paw wil do ribs, baked beans, potato salad. probably a little cole slaw too. Billy 2 says yes. Gotta call Jamie and Billy 3

Have had a good morning the air is so nice and fesh coming in no humity I could enjoy a lot of days like today. I am down to the sweeping and dusting hate to stir up the dust as breathing has been so good. Now to make something low carb for lunch--the cantope I have is so good hard not to sit down and eat the whole thing.

B

Beryl

red, sound absolutely yummmy! I'd skip the desserts just to be able to sit with you one afternoon and enjoy a long chat and a nice hot cuppa!!

Maw, can I come for birthday cake on Sunday too.....my birthday is in September and I could use a Maw ramble with you!

M

maw

Come on Beryl-although my Ellie is kinda rmbuntuious and loves to tease. Have to let other kids know too. Paw my just end up having to cook a couple of pigs. So mny holiday week ends with no one this one is shaping up better. Have dust mop run think I will put the feet up for a while(maybe read or nap) The weather hee is perfect fall day so comfortable to get projects done-afraid Paw is trying to do this weeks and last weeks.

R

red stripe

Donna, and beryl.. whenever you are headed this way.. just give us a call. we will leave the light on :grin