Maw's Office Ramble

M

maw

Good morning all!! Grab that hot cuppa and come on by lets catch up what is happening with each of you. Still moving very slow here, washer still running and half empty suitcses sitting around. I decided I did not have enough energy to finish the washing and go to water exercise so Paw went on to grocery store without me. I will try to make a little more order out of this choas here..

Seeing all that washing makes me wonder if Paw went to cabin next door and got some of those clothes . Did nmot think we had tht many changes with us.

Already thinking abt what I want to do in Alaska next year when we go. Definitly want a Whale Watching excursion.

I will have to start reseaching for the Panama cruise now.

I need a good recipe for Lemoncello and for bran muffins. Had the lemoncello on Princess and it was so mellow in your mouth this time.. Paw and I both enjoy the bran muffins they serve on Princess so much. Of course the bread is all to die for. I think I could have just had bread and butter and been happy a lot of meals. While we were touring Tracey Arm we had a pot of c offee, rollsm hot water for tea or hot chocolate. Jan came and joined us and we sit in front of sliding door and enjoyed the scenery ever so often Paw or Jan would go on balcony and snap a picture.

Think Paw is still having night mares abt the San Francisco airport--he says we are driivng there next year. Settle airport has their act together and was really easy to get around in.

I think I missed some birthdays in last few days so sorry but Happy Birthday New Jersey will look forwrd to celebrating with you next year.

Lisa want to hear abt your and Pizza boys trip to Alaska.

What is happening in your corner?

D

Donna - dsw

Good Morning Maw -

Good to see ya back home and posting again.

Busy here today all kinds of things. The club always keeps me busy and this weekend is no different. Friday night we are having a Barnyard Raffle for the Labor Day weekend. Then Saturday night we are having Horse Races - like they do on the cruise ships. I am one of the booking agents. We can take bets of $2.00, $5.00 or $10.00 a horse. We have 6 horses and are running 6 races. They have jockeies to ride the horses. They bought the kids horses on sticks and decorated them. Should be alot of fun!

Next weekend is the Jimmy Buffett party and I am in charge of it. Been busy getting decorations and food for the event.

Also, trying to figure a way to go visit the Florida clan in early October as they are out of school a couple of days. Sure would be nice if I could win the lottery and quit work and play all the time! lol

Hope you all have a great day -- be careful and enjoy!

J

JANPEP

Good Morning Maw & @ddict friend's,
I too am moving very slow Maw. I did manage to get my hair washed yesterday & took a bath & took most of the dirty clothes out of the suitcase. Today I will work on getting the rest of the stuff out of the suitcase & put away. I had to spend alot of time with my cat Mon. evening & all day yesterday she missed me so, I didn't think she would ever quit yelling at me.
That bread they serve on Princess is to die for, I don't think that there was a meal that I didn't have some kind of bread. I sure am not looking forward to going to the dr. & being weighed. I did have alot more excerise than normal so maybe that helped some, of course there were the time's that you were so nice & shared your scooter with me when I ran out of air. I enjoyed all the shore trip's we did & enjoyed sharing your deck for sight seeing & eating, that was fun.
Another HHH day here with high dewpoint's, the state fair start's tomorrow so it will be hot awhile yet.
Take care

K

korinalacount

Morning Maw! Take it easy the next couple of days! Cant wait to meet ya next year on the Duckie cruise,whale watching will be our top priority as well,hopefully with Captain Larry again.

Not much else new here,John is really bugging me about getting a greyhound,last night he had me watching all the antics on Greyhounds on you tube videos,still think we should wait till Fred goes,he is 13.

Have a great day!

N

nieciez

Good morning Maw and Ramble gang. I working from home today….was surprised that my boss said go ahead with being off a week and our contracting officer visiting from OKC this week. We have a 150 page proposal to review for our coming contract year so reviewing it at home is actually easier then in the office. I was really bushed last night when I got home from work so I appreciate the extra couple hours to “sleep-in†:lol

It’s a lot let humid today and suppose to be 10 degrees cooler. I have the house open right now and it feels so good.

The whale watching was the highlight of our cruise. We saw about 6 Orcas and 10 Humpbacks. The Humpbacks really put on a show for us. We did it out of Juneau with a ship’s sponsored tour that also did Mendenhall glacier. In Skagway we did the White Pass Rail and LOVED it too. Next time is Skagway I really want to discover the town. I heard the Goodtime Girl’s tour was really good and may try that one next time.

Well, I better get back to work….Maw and Jan, continue to rest up!

P

popcorn

Good morning. Red - good luck with jury duty. Hope you get an easy case. And good that it was only a screen that you hit and not the glass sliding door. That is what my cousin tried to walk through and ended up with a lot of stitches!

Maw & Jan - sounds like you have jet lag! And I agree that the bread & rolls on Princess are good and my downfall! It takes so long for the dinner to arrive and that basket is sitting there and really tempting you! I usually eat so many that by the time dinner finally arrives I am not hungry!

It is raining here and they are supposed to be digging the road up here starting today, so it might be hard to get out of the complex for the next few days.

Hope you all have a great hump day.

Liz

C

Cruise cutie

:wave Good Morning Maw and ramblers...

we flew into OAKLAND last year Maw per Snowblowers instructions for AMIGOS..and it was cake, and the shuttle brought us straight to the Hotel.. not ever going to fly into San Francisco..=eek it's pure chaos..did it in 1993.:(...not ever again..

I am showered ,dressed in jeans and short sleeve shirt ..no capris even today the breeze is blowing, it's cool, and only going to get to 64F at high Noon MAYBE!!..I was freezing sitting in jammies!!

I am off today, got to get a few local errands just downtown, cook supper, and relax with Mark maybe catch some Olympic coverage tonight.. and that's about all..

we have glaciers, and whales on our plan to do list but we are deffering to Snowblower on tours as he and Deb are currently on their 12th Alaska cruise and they "know exactly" the tours to take!! so I am going to get stuff from someone IN the know.. we may not ever get a chance to go back as Mark wants HOT! on cruises...:grin..

hope you all have a good day.. 1/2 way through the week.. :daisy..Joanne

T

Tobyn

Good morning fellow @ddicts! ! ! Looks like another beautiful day is in the works. Bright and sunny already, and they are guesing at mid 70s for the high today. WOO HOO ! ! ! The weatherman even mentioned "indian summer" in last night's broadcast. Hope it keeps up for awhile.

We also have a whale watching tour scheduled for next month. Hope it turns out as well as Nieciez' trip. My mom will really enjoy that. I don't know if I will ever see another whale like on a fishing trip out of Seward. It was AWESOME ! ! !

I am really getting anxious about our trip. Its coming up fast, and I am really ready for a break from here and see a part of the state I haven't seen yet. Sure hope our weather holds steady for us. That would really be a bonus. Of course, then there is always next year as well. And to get to see so many friends again.

Have a great day, and stay safe! ! !

C

Cyndi

Got-to-run,,, but here is your lemonchello recipe
Lemoncello

Recipe from Ron Carducci. Ron says, "I have relatives in Italy and they make Lemoncello the same way it is made all through Italy. Additionally, almost without exception, every limoncello I order as an after dinner digestiveo in ristoranti all over Italy, is made and tastes pretty much the same (I speak Italian and I ask the chefs how it is made and they almost always give me a recipe that varies only slightly from the one I am including below). It is made with 95 % pure grain alcohol, lemons, and simple syrup. That is it! The same is true for arancello. One bonus feature of the legit Italian recipe is that it only takes one week to make.
Folks from the Amalfi coast that I have spoken with (that's where it originated) tell me that legit limoncello, when you sip it straight, ice cold and without ice (Italians never put ice in their limoncello), should be very lemony, and smooth but have a "jolt" in the middle of it; i.e., a spreading warmth with a friendly kick. Recipes made with vodka, not Everclear Alcohol, are smooth but do not have the jolt. Plus, the vodka taste is alien to the Italian limoncello taste. Try this recipe - you'll be pleasantly surprised."

1 liter of Everclear alcohol
10 medium to large lemons
1 1/2 liters of water
3 lbs of sugar (1 1/2 kilos)

Wash the lemons with a vegetable brush and hot water to remove any reside of pesticides or wax; pat the lemons dry. Using a potato peeler, take all the lemon rinds off of the lemons so there is no white pith on the peel. Place the rind-peelings in a large container with the Everclar alcohol. Cover the container and let it sit for seven days.
On the eight day, strain the the peels from alcohol; discard peels.
In a large saucepan, make a simple syrup by combining the water and sugar; let it simmer "fast" for 15 minutes. Let simple syrup cool to room temperature. Add to alcohol.
You are now finished and can drink it right away.
NOTE: This same recipe works for arancello also. Use 10 large oranges.
Makes about 2 1/2 liters.

H

H2O babe

I have never had a lemoncello but they certainly sound good. I like lemon things so I guess I need to order one and find out.

We really enjoyed our whale watch in Juneau Maw. We went with Captain Larry of Awesome Orca.

CC - when you get the list of "must do's" from Snowblower will you share it?! We are also planning our excursions for next July and are looking to do some different ones. We did no ship excursions, all independent booked ones so I'd enjoy seeing what someone recommends that has been on 12 cruises up there! It will be interesting to see if we've already done many of the "must do's.

Yes, it's 87 degrees here again today and the same forecasted for tomorrow. Rain??? Of course not - cc has it all in Vermont!

Have a great rest of the day all.

K.

B

BostonsJ

Afternoon all.

Well Maw was late and I was later. Now I know why I cannot read during the week. I got into my book and tried to finish it. At 1am I decided that I really had to get to bed since the alarm sounds at 5am. I probably only had 30 pages more but I knew sleep was necessary. Needless to say this morning I did not get up with my alarm. :lol

Weather is beautiful here again. Although we have some storms coming in right now. We are having 40 mph winds with higher gusts. Not much rain here though. The Southeast about 30 miles from us is under tornado warnings. In fact one funnel cloud touched down. No worries for us though.

The Democratic Convention is starting up next week but all the go-ahead news people are here setting up. All of the man hole covers have been sealed shut for miles and miles around the city. All of our Directors with embalming certifications are on high alert, all other GM's and Directors are on black-out no one can go on vacation during this time. We are part of the mass casualty team. If there were an event the Office Manager's would probably be called in for paper pushing and identification etc. Not many in CO are really happy about the mess this is going to cause, or the road closures etc. What a mess. Our central office is right smack dab in the middle of the secure area.

Well that is about all going on here. Have a good night everyone. I will miss the Olympics but I won't miss the late nights! :grin

C

Corky

Evening Maw, Paw & C@'s gang!

And welcome home again to our recon team Maw, Jan, Letherneck. I've enjoyed reading about your excursions and all of the fun you've had.

I'm not on the board as much as I'd like here of late :D as my work is kicking my butt and each afternoon I come home, put on my jammies and vegetate in the recliner. Which is pathetic at my age, but this has been a strip the brain week, I can't even do the crossword puzzles at night...my brain is a wasteland of nothingness. :lol Oh well, this too will pass. :)

At least it is Hump Day...woo-hoo!!

Happy-Happy :party

C

Corky

I of course meant to say:

And welcome home again to our recon team Maw, Paw Jan, Nieciez and Letherneck.

I must be more tired than I thought. :lol