In Memory of Mary Ann (Shipmaven)

Corky

Staff Captain
I am crying, I am in shock. I have lost a great friend. As we all have. I just do not know what to do now. Each time I spoke to Mary Ann, she was always such a Lady. And to talk to her was always such a nice calming experience for me. I will miss her terribly!!

I know many of you have known Mary Ann a lot longer than I, and I send my love to each of you for your loss. She will be missed terribly.

May you rest in peace Dear Mary Ann. Rest in Peace. XOXO

Colleen&Meghan

Lecturer
This picture hangs in my office and is on my computer named simply "family" Thank you doesn't seem to be enough for such an amazing person. She became family to everyone she knew and our hearts are broken. Our lives are better having known her. Godspeed Mary Ann!
1z4l9v5.jpg

randy

2nd Officer
I will miss my favorite Hawaiian correspondent, but have no doubt I'll have the opportunity to "talk story" with her again some day. Aloha pumehana, Meleana!

'Ike aku, 'ike mai, kokua aku kokua mai; pela iho la ka nohana 'ohana!

Goguinness

Ordinary Seaman
I first joined Cruise-Addicts in 2004. I have been a prolific reader every day, but have very seldom posted. I always enjoyed Mary Ann's posts. She was always helpful, informative, & polite. I see that she has posted 39,000 some times. That is amazing. There will be a large gap in the blog. Wish I was on a ship right now so I could look out over the sea, and make a toast to her memory.

Paul S.

GloBug

Senior Flea Coller Tester
Thank you's go out on many levels.

Thank you Mary Ann for touching the lives of so many. Your passing has left a tear in the fabric of all our lives.

Thank you bob, for your lovely words. You summed up all that was Mary Ann.

Thank you to the Heavens. You lent us your best angel for too short a time, but the world is a better place because Mary Ann enriched our souls.

And thank you all... the big warm protective hug we have all been sharing these last few stunning days has helped us all get through this. Time will dim the acute pain in our hearts, and will leave us with the memory of the blessings our hearts received simply because Mary Ann loved us all.

Whimsy

Staff Captain
Thank you Bob and to the others for saying what I can't put into words.

Thank you Mary Ann for being you.

JANPEP

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
Thank you just dosnt seem like enough right now.
I was 1 of the ones that Mary Ann was so kind to & never ever expected anything in return.
Thank you Bob for expressing such a lovely message.
Thanks to all my Cruise-@ddicts family for being here.

bostongal

Staff Captain
I got up this morning and said "I am not going to start crying again" until I re-read your post above. I didn't reply last night as I worried it wouldn't be appropriate - I was wrong.

Mary Ann was a true friend - always asking how I was, what she could do and being there for me. She always made me feel like the most important person to her and that she really wanted to help if she could. I will never forget our day in AZ together or what she did for me on the Duck Bermuda cruise last May. Her generosity knew no limits and that is truly special.

I hope that Mary Ann is out on the Lido Deck today with Hucc, Rhonda, Connie, and her Bruce - watching the sea, enjoying the cruise.

Until I see her again I will hold this in my heart.

Meg

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation
Update:

I have just gotten off the phone with Ellen Posard (Sea4Sail). She is handling arrangements and will communicate through Judi. She is rapidly becoming aware of the impact Mary Ann has had on so many and is more than slightly overwhelmed by sheer magnitude of the task. In addition to continuing to run her half of Sea4Sail, she is making final arrangements, serving as ad hoc executior, assuming all of Mary Ann's clients (not just the
C@s and CCs, but a many other travelers), AND dealing with her own grief.

Please respect the monumental task she is facing and allow her to speak through Judi.

Thank you.

bostongal

Staff Captain
Thanks Calgon. Marty and I were wondering how to go about booking onto the Hawaii Cruise next April and will wait till things calm down before proceeding.

Sending my love to both Ellen and Judi.

Meg

Karry

Staff Captain
I, too, didn't think I had any tears left and was wrong. ALL these thoughts and sentiments were truly touching and I thank you for sharing them with the rest of us. One thing that I thought when I heard this heartbreaking news of Mary Ann's passing, were ALL the threads I have read over the years that had somewhere in the post: "thank you, Mary Ann"...isn't it wonderful that she knew how precious she was to all of us. Rest in peace, dear friend. We are all the more richer for having had you in our lives.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Thank you...

Mgram

1st Officer - Navigation
A heartfelt thank you to Mary Ann......she was a friend to all. Beautiful tribute, bOB and John.

korinalacount

1st Officer - Navigation
Thank you Mary Ann,John sure loved talking ships with you,you your Queen Elizabeth,he his Queen Mary,your alarm clock you sent us goes off every morning at 7am since John passed,I cant turn it off,it went off again this morning and I thought of both you and John,the lovely flowers you sent me when he passed,I hated cancelling the one Duckie cruise we were to go on but you were so understanding,as Ive said before you were one classy lady,love you so much. Korina

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Thank you bOB!
Thank you John!
Thank you C@'s!
Thank you Mary Ann!

/Erik