I saw the "gratest" thing at the county fair...

G

GloBug

But they wanted $20 bucks for it, so we didn't snap it up. Now I can't find it online... except in England, France and Italy!

It's a ceramic garlic grater. It's small, about 6" across, basically, a dish with "teeth" in the center. You run your garlic, chocolate, hard cheese, nut meg, etc, over it, and it grates it up. You then push it off, and you have lovely grated garlic, no fibers from ginger, etc.

We figured we would pass on it, but on the way home I decided I really liked it, and wanted one. I've been looking on line, but the prices are all in pounds ... 1.99, 8.99, 3.99. I don't even know if they will ship to the USA. Sigh... ebay had some too, also in pounds from the UK.

Darn darn darn!!!

C

Calgon1

Got me to thinking ....

Here's an interesting site >>>>>> http://www.kitchencontraptions.com/

Kitchen gadgets. Some crazy (counter-top composter to make your own fertilizer ... in the kitchen?), some clever (waffle mix in a spray can?), some wierd (meat marinator which also mixes drinks!) .....

G

GloBug

Thanks guys. I should have gotten back to you. Karin's urls worked well, it was easy to copy and paste. The problem is that the less expensive ones are very small, and one of the things I want to do is grate the garlic in the bowl, pour in a bit of EVOO, and some herbs, and use it for dipping bread. Mmm.... so it needs to be deep enough to hold oil and herbs. I would also like one that has blue in it, so it can kinda match my dinnerware. Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne, if you know what that is...

I guess I just need to get my butt off my C@ chair and actually go to Williams Sonoma... thanks guys.

Calgon, I picked up a can of that pancake/waffle mix in a can, thinking my DD could use it since she makes a lot of pancakes. No one has tried it yet! I'll let you know if we do! LOL!