Hey, Megamind, here's my favorite

K

Krazy Kruizers

Love it -- I hate it when I see a car in the handicapped parking that doesn't have the official license plate or the placards. I have the placard which can be moved from one car to the other.

M

MoJo2Rusty

I had a friend once that had a handicap plate. We had been out dancing one new years eve. Danced all night long. The next day we went to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner, we were having friends over. He passed up 3 non handicap spaces that were actually closer to the store front to find one that was handicap. I guess what irritated me so was, if he could dance all night without a problem, he could have left that handicap spot for someone that really needed it. Yes he had the right to park there, but he was perfectly capable of walking to the door. I guess I felt like he was abusing the tag.
It's also a pet peeve to see people drive around looking for a spot and when they can't find one whip out the mirror tag and park. Then some 18 year old jumps out of the car and jogs to the door. I saw this happen once and the person pulled in ahead of an elderly person with a tag. That person had one of the power chairs on the back of their car. I didn't see if they waited for an available handicap spot or if they parked further away.

C

conniecat

Tell me about it! In Mo it is a $500 fine fo parking in a spit with no tags. I told a lady that one time who parked there with no tags and she said her Mom had hurt her foot so she was handicapped. Yes, but with no tags, $500 is a lot of money to pay for not just dropping her off and picking her up. From someone who really needs that handicapped spot, It is not just an irratation, it makes a difference whether I can go in the store or not.

C

cjbee

We were out to dinner with a couple and the gentleman is a quadraplegic. When we left the restaurant, it was pouring rain. We ran to their van, which has a ramp that pops out the side and comes down when the door opens and he parked in a van area with the spot next to it blocked off. Someone had parked in that spot next to the van that is blocked off for parking!
CJ

K

Karry

This is a PARTICULAR pet peeve of mine. :nono :nono The mom of a woman who used to work in my office had a heart condition. She didn't drive because of it, so her daughter had a HC sticker she could put on the rear view mirror of her car when she had her mother with her. BUT...she used the sticker if her mother was with her or not...our office building parking lot has only 5 HC spaces and working for Orthopedic Surgeons and with 2 heart doctors in the building, there are people who really need those spaces. They happen to be outside one of our windows. I would watch her pull her car into that space and put the sticker up every day. And no, you could NOT reason with her. My DH and DS'es are cops and I tipped them off, so they would have someone drive by every few days but there was nothing they could do because she DID have that sticker in her car. She forgot one time and she got a ticket and then she asked me to have one of them "fix it for her!" ::eek: Here's the clincher: her mother DIED from the heart condition, and the daughter STILL used that sticker! It made me sick to my stomach. :mad When I see someone park in a HC spot who has no right to be there, I always think, well, be VERY CAREFUL what you wish for. :X :X