He is demented! (photos, too)

C

conniecat

[size=x-large]One of my favorite authors once said that all Siamese are brain damaged. I think she knew what she was talking about. Simon is 8 months old and totally crazy.

As soon as I wake up and open my eyes, Simon hears my eyelids move. At least, that is all I can figure. He comes running, making his little gurgling sound. Remember Tim the Tool Man Taylor? You know that sound he made when confronted with something new, kinda like a "huuuuhhhh?" Simon recreates that sound perfectly. And, constantly. He rarely meows, but he gurgles constantly. Another favorite is a coo like a dove. Anyway, he comes running into the bedroom, talking the whole time. He jumps on the bed and tries to smother me.

I grab him and cuddle for a minute, endure the throbbing purr that sounds like a motorcycle, then get up. As soon as I throw back the covers, he latches onto my nightgown. I head for the bathroom, dragging him behind me. Where, likely as not he will curl up and get comfortable in the sink while I get dressed. I do not leave my bedroom door open during the day, because Scooter sometimes gets my bed confused with his litter box. So, I head for the door and say, "Let's go." Maxie and Scooter know that means get out, and they make a beeline for the kitchen where I will give them some treats. About half the time, Simon makes a dive under the bed and refuses to be coaxed out. Eventually he will usually come out. Other days I have to get the vacuum cleaner and run it under the bed to chase him out, he is terrified of it.

I have a big, comfortable leather desk chair. This is my usual seat when I am home. I sit at my desk most of the day, it even has a door that pulls out and makes a table, so I even eat there, too. Simon knows this. The minute I get out of the chair, I turn around and he is sitting in it. I remember when I was a kid, and my brother and I would fight over a chair. When one of us got up for any reason, the other would grab the seat and say, "Na na na na na, I got the chair." That is the look that crazy kitten has on his face. Now, when my brother had the chair, I would just sit on him until he moved. So, I tried sitting on the edge of the chair, and leaning back to make Simon move. Not this nut, he loves his mama and is going to share my chair or else. Eventually, he will move, only to lurk until I get up and we do it all again.

Last night as I was getting ready to go to bed, I picked up a little mirror to put it away. It made a reflection on the ceiling and this caught Simon's attention. The others saw him looking up and they did too, all were fascinated. I moved it around and they watched it. I used to have a laser pointer that the cats loved to chase, but it is long gone. So, since the mirror was hard to maneuver, I got out a flashlight and shone it all around the room. The cats were all fascinated, and I was watching Maxie and Scooter when I looked back at my crazy kitten. He was lying on his back on the coffee table, waving his paws trying to catch the light.

The kitchen light was on, so I turned it off and played with the flashlight. Maxie and Scoots got bored and sat there with me watching Simon try to catch the light. This time he went to the middle of the kitchen and started jumping up in the air slapping his paws together trying to catch it. Now, I have always known that Simon was a very clumsy kitten. Sometimes if you dangle something in front of his face his eyes will cross and he will bat with a paw nowhere near the item. Simon was gathering all his mighty kitten strength and jumping straight up in the air, over and over again. Only, Mr Klutz was able to make it up about 6 inches, only to fall back to the floor. He is no Michael Jordan. No wonder he doesn't try jumping on the tables or counters, he wouldn't make it.

I laughed at him for a while, then went off to soak in the tub. He joined me in the bathroom, curled up comfortably in the sink to wait for me. Life is so much more interesting since I have this lovable, quirky little maniac! Here's a couple photos.

Beautiful little face.[/size]

[size=x-large]Before the fight (It didn't last, they do this often,it is just fun.)[/size]

S

ShipMaven

If he sounds normal for Brucie, be assured that the cat is absolutely BONKERS!

Poor Simon...

J

JacquieP

It's a good thing you sit in the desk chair, because there certainly isn't room in the floral one. Kitty power!!!!!

C

conniecat

Thanks, everyone. I wasn't sure that Brucie knows what normal is. I wonder if he and Arami fight over chairs, lol.

Simon has such an expressive face, he has a different look in each photo. Between him and the other two, it is a 3 ring circus around here!

Did you notiice how big he has gotten? And fat, too!

S

ShipMaven

I was wondering if it was simply the camera angle that made "little" Simon look so big. It just goes to show what your TLC has done for Simon, and what a blessing it was that he adopted you. ;)

B

BostonsJ

Connie it is like having little children in the house. They are as always adorable. The older cats must sit there and think and why did you bring this baby home.

R

reggae

It has to be great fun at your house, cc :lol

I think Simon is adorable, all your guys...

As I said before, if you ever tire of little Simon, I'll be glad to take him.....but I doubt that is going to happen. :)

C

conniecat

Oh no, things are never dull. He wanted to jump on the computer desk, and Maxie was already up here, blocking the way he climbs up, so he climbed up on something, not sure what and made a mighty leap and landed on my head, then on to the desk. I am sitting here looking at the monitor, then out of the blue I have this thing with claws on my head. He will give me a heart attack, yet!