HAL Mariner's parties

S

sail7seas

On a number of our recent cruises, the Mariner's party has been late morning on the last formal day whereas they always used to be in the evening.

At first, I didn't like the morning parties, but they have grown on me and I do look forward to a bloody mary or champagne and the nibbles. The last few morning Mariners' Parties during the day were actually very good IMO

Do you prefer the day or evening parties?

E

Einstein

I myself prefer the morning parties as it always seems like in the vening we are always busy entertaining with others and busy enjoying the end of the day with a sunset. Just my 2 cents worth. :thumb

C

CruisinTex

I really prefer the parties they had way-back-when. Just before dinner, well, maybe it was mid to late afternoon but it seemed like just before dinner because we always have early dinner seating. There is something special about going to the Mariner's party, getting your Mariner's recognition, then pre-dinner drinks and munchies in either Crow's Next or Ocean Bar, then dinner. It seemed to make for a special kind of day.

K

Kirk

I'm with you 7Seas...I like the time shift. We usually have people in to our suite for drinks before dinner...so it does free up the evening.

M

MarieA

Haven't had one in the morning on any of our sailings yet so I can't say for sure. I'm willing to give it a try - but I do love sleeping in, living in my swimsuit and being lazy on sea days.

S

sail7seas

The morning Mariner's parties are usually held about 11:30 so you wouldn't have to drag yourself up tooooo early. lol

M

MarieA

OK, then I'll be there!! Maybe I can just put a nice dress on over my swimsuit so I can still say "I spent the whole day in my swimsuit" :)

C

cruzman

Matters not to me. Seems to me that on my last HAL cruise aboard the Maasdam, the Mariner's Club party was around 2:00 P.M. Since I keep a file on every cruise, I just pulled the file on Maasdam, and low and behold, it was in fact held at 11:30 AM. I do remember that I had a good time; drank several glasses of bubbly and enjoyed the music!

J

jeanoh

I also have become accustomed now to the am parties. At first I thought oh my goodness, what is this, but now I like the earlier time. As we always take hors D`oevres with our pre dinner drinks anyway, I don`t feel as though I`ve missed an additional evening party.....jean