Favorite Cabin on Princess and Why

M

MrsT

Hi Everyone,
Please share with the rest of us your favorite cabin # (or at least type), which ship, and what you like about it. Thanks!

S

serene56

I spent quite a while reading post--looking at photos. I can only get a regular balcony cabin- wish I could do a suite but for the money-- the regular balcony will do.
We picked C752 on the Caribbean Princess. Its an aft corner.

I never sailed Princess before but I know I will love this cabin from just what I have read.

L

lizardstew

Well, my answer would be C714 on Sapphire Princess. I haven't been on Princess yet but will in 59 days...and yhat's our cabin number. :lol

B

Beryl

My favourite cabin to date has been E731 on the Diamond Princess! The huge balcony that comes with this particular mini suite was what made it so special.

On the Grand Princess we stayed in L305. There are 6 of these cabins. I think they are category CC. They do not have a balcony but have a floor to ceiling window that makes the view spectacular. They are also quite a bit larger than a standard outside cabin. These 6 cabins and the Grand Suites are separated from the main passageway by their own little hall that can be closed off from the main passageway. You will only find these cabins on the Grand Princess. The Star and the Golden are layed out slightly differently.

S

salstang

just got back from carribean princess.Had a mini suite on dolphin deck.Only 2 of us so plenry of room..big tub shower
lots more room.Open balcony.no shade.
Last year had a balcony on lido deck. location is everything.I would probably give up space for the lido deck just to be close to buffet and everything else

L

Lady Jag

D701 Grand Princess Mini-Suite, quad - nice location slightly aft of midship, very narrow, but decent.

E733 Grand Princess Vista Suite, quad - beautiful suite, although a bit tight, didn't like the aft location for excessive noise and movement, but liked the quiet hallway.

D515 Coral Princess Mini-Suite - had adjoining balcony to D517 - BEWARE: NOT ALL minis have adjoining balconies on this ship!! =eek =eek Great location, smooth ride, cabin was your typical narrow Princess mini suite. Nice new touches to bathroom decor in the fake tilework.

D517 Coral Princess Mini-Suite - ditto above for D515

Ask me about our upcoming cruise in 2 months-this cabin will be something we've never stayed in before. :grin

E

el henry

Lady Jag, if you are still following this thread, I would appreciate if you could send me a quick e-mail

lhenry@ot.com

We are booked in E733 on the Caribbean Princess, and I am curious about excessive noise. Is that from the lounge or from the sea?

Also, is the cabin and most importantly balcony truly bigger than a mini-suite (our last Princess cruise). This is a special trip for the folks, and I want to try to make it as foolproof as possible.

many thanks,
el henry

L

Lady Jag

Reporting now on the Grand Suite, L-302 on the Grand:

Great location - close to the elevators, pizza, hamburgers, pools, all that important stuff. :grin
Cabin itself is very nice, but the balcony is too small IMO. The sofa bed is tiny and as one of the cabin stewards said, "The pits!". The rest of the suite is very, very nice though. (See pics in gallery under "Grand Princess Christmas Cruise" by Bobbie).

Beryl, I know exactly what cabins you're talking about with the floor to ceiling windows. They were right next to our suite. We had those same windows in the Grand Suite's master bedroom and they were INCREDIBLE! I almost think I'd prefer those to a balcony! You can lay in bed at night and watch the moon reflect on the sea and watch the clouds skit across the sky. I slept SO well just watching that scene every night and listening to the waves being pushed out from the ship's bow before I fell asleep. :thumb

Everyone that walks by them wonders why they have their own private hallway. It really, really helped to cut down on foot traffic noise too. If anyone has the chance to get one of these cabins, go for it. :thumb

K

kohaladonah

MrsT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Everyone,
> Please share with the rest of us your favorite
> cabin # (or at least type), which ship, and what
> you like about it. Thanks!

Found the following run down online:

Dawn, Ocean, Sea, and Sun Princess "Outside cabins 222 to 237, 311 to 314, and 712 to 749 on the Dolphin Deck have huge windows that are almost three times larger than those in comparable cabins. Another good choice, if you don't want to pay extra for a veranda, is the Baja Deck's foremost cabins (B206 to B225), which are a very short walk from a deck area that's almost always empty."

Grand Princess "Cabins 752 and 753 on Caribe are corner balcony rooms at the stern - on a vessel this big, you needn't worry about motion. Their triple-exposure views are a photographer's dream, yet they cost thousands less per person than the larger premium suites next door."

On the flip side, we had a forward Lido deck balcony cabin on the Grand that I dubbed the "cabin from hell" - it was a BA class cabin, situated directly under the treadmills and from 7AM to 10 PM everything vibrated with the thumping and bumping from the fitness center. To be fair, my husband, who is far less noise sensitive than I am, loved this cabin because it was so close to everything, and from our balcony, we could see into the bridge and watch the crew working.

S

STUR

JUST RETURNED ON THE GOLDEN PRINCESS BEST CABIN EVER AFT B749 PREMIUM SUITE WITH BALCONY WELL WORTH THE EXTRA $$$$ IF EVER ON THE GOLDEN AGAIN WILL TRY TO GET ONE OF THE SUITES AFT
THE VIEW IS WORTH IT
THE TWO ROOM BATH ROOM IS GREAT (ONE ROOM WITH TUB WITH JETS)

B

bikevegas

I agree with Lady Jag! Been in L-303 on the Sapphire.Great location! Close to everything she mentioned. Also, traffic down the hallways is light because of the fewer cabins!:USA:AL

L

Lady Jag

Those windows are to die for, right bikevegas? Never seen a better view in my life! :)

E

Einstein

We enjoy the Caribe balconies on the Grand Class ships and on the Coral & Island P. On the Sun Class ships we actually believe it or not enjoyed our Riviera Inside cabins as they were only a short walk to the pools and our own private deck at night. :thumb

I

IBDP

On the Golden Princess, Sis and I stayed on the Emerald deck, E728, an aft cabin with views to the side and back. The balcony is larger than the other mini-suites. We enjoyed the larger balcony as well as the quiet due to a far aft cabin-no traffic. Yes, it took a little longer to get off the ship and to get to the dining rooms, but walking is good when you eat all that delicious food!

S

seagarsmoker

The best room I ever had is a Sky Suite on the Celebrity Century. Beautiful room with a HUGE balcony . Next (almost same as what E said, but different location) are the inside rooms on baja deck aft on the Sun class ships (Princess). You are only steps away from a beautiful wide open deck (very back of ship) that only a few people know about.

S

seagarsmoker

The best room I ever had is a Sky Suite on the Celebrity Century. Beautiful room with a HUGE balcony . Next (almost same as what E said, but different location) are the inside rooms on baja deck aft on the Sun class ships (Princess). You are only steps away from a beautiful wide open deck (very back of ship) that only a few people know about.

C

ColinM

Does anyone have pics of B749 on Golden Princess? Booked to go to Hawaii in Oct. How was the crossing? Anyone done this from LA?

C

cruiser4959

My favorite cabin is B759. Corner aft. Just snagged this one on the Crown. Yippe.

S

sidari

We had a PS suite on the Ruby last November L106 on Lido deck just behind and above the Bridge on the Port side, Great suite and very comfortable with a long Balcony. We have the same Suite again this November and again on the Ruby.