Favorite Cabin on Princess and Why

M

Mbandy

Since I have only been on one Princess cruise it would have to be E-303 on Grand Princess. It is a partially obstructed view cabin which is wheelchair accessable. We were upgraded last minute from an inside cabin so the partial obstruction didn't bother us one bit. The wheelhouse of the lifeboat was not in front of our window so we could look straignt out over the top of the boat. Because of the wheelchair access the cabin was HUGE. Almost twice the size of regular cabins.

K

Kathy

We prefer a midship balcony on Caribe Deck. We like the 1/2 covered 1/2 open balcony and they are really large. We're booked on the Island Princess on Oct. 21st and are in C620. It's aft not midship but it's a wheelchair accessible room so it's HUGE compared to a normal cabin so were excited to try something different.

Kathy

W

Wyn

kohaladonah said:
MrsT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Everyone,
> Please share with the rest of us your favorite
> cabin # (or at least type), which ship, and what
> you like about it. Thanks!

Found the following run down online:

Dawn, Ocean, Sea, and Sun Princess "Outside cabins 222 to 237, 311 to 314, and 712 to 749 on the Dolphin Deck have huge windows that are almost three times larger than those in comparable cabins. Another good choice, if you don't want to pay extra for a veranda, is the Baja Deck's foremost cabins (B206 to B225), which are a very short walk from a deck area that's almost always empty."

Grand Princess "Cabins 752 and 753 on Caribe are corner balcony rooms at the stern - on a vessel this big, you needn't worry about motion. Their triple-exposure views are a photographer's dream, yet they cost thousands less per person than the larger premium suites next door."

On the flip side, we had a forward Lido deck balcony cabin on the Grand that I dubbed the "cabin from hell" - it was a BA class cabin, situated directly under the treadmills and from 7AM to 10 PM everything vibrated with the thumping and bumping from the fitness center. To be fair, my husband, who is far less noise sensitive than I am, loved this cabin because it was so close to everything, and from our balcony, we could see into the bridge and watch the crew working.

I agree on the large windows on the Sun Princess. Back in 2005 we were scheduled to sail for ten days in two inside cabins. A few days before leaving, our TA said that Princess had offered to upgrade us both to OV cabins near the front of the ship. When I looked at the deck plans and saw how forward they were, I asked if there were any OVs available nearer the midship or aft. We were given D717 and D723 on the Dolphin Deck. When we boarded the ship and walked down the halls I saw into several of the other cabins. The windows were small and ours were so large. Luck of the draw! It was a terrific upgrade for us.

I

i*love*cruises

Aloha - A422 Emerald Princess - small balcony
Caribe - C422 Caribbean Princess - larger balcony (preferred this one even though its a lower deck)
We liked the above cabins because they are close to the panoramic lifts and most amenities.

Dolphin - D318 Sea Princess - outside - was ok but wouldn't do that again unless desperate as a balcony is definitely preferrable!

We're not bothered about suites as they seem pointless - even if you can easily afford them (unless you get a free upgrade of course :) )!!

I

i*love*cruises

Aloha - A422 Emerald Princess - small balcony
Caribe - C422 Caribbean Princess - larger balcony (preferred this one even though its a lower deck)
We liked them because they are close to the panoramic lifts and most amenities.

Dolphin - D318 Sea Princess - outside - was ok but wouldn't do that again unless desperate as a balcony is definitely preferrable!

We're not bothered about suites as they seem pointless - even if you can easily afford them (unless you get a free upgrade of course :) )!!

J

JacquieB2

Has to be th Monte Carlo suite C415 on the Diamond Princess - lovely suite, Jaccuzi bath, 2 tv's - heaven on earth!!

C

Calgon1

My favorite was the two adjoining 4 guest cabins down the hall from us. The ones the Swedish Bikini Team was staying in!!!!

S

Snowblower

Calgon1 said:
My favorite was the two adjoining 4 guest cabins down the hall from us. The ones the Swedish Bikini Team was staying in!!!!

I am telling Sunflower about this and then watch the beatings begin!!!

Our favorite is any "AD" mini-suite on Emerald Deck on the Grand Class ships. Big room, large bathroom and tub but best of all the only mini-suites with fully covered balconies!!!

C

Cruise cutie

Snowblower said:
Calgon1 said:

I am telling Sunflower about this and then watch the beatings begin!!!

Our favorite is any "AD" mini-suite on Emerald Deck on the Grand Class ships. Big room, large bathroom and tub but best of all the only mini-suites with fully covered balconies!!!

we are going to watch Sunflower Star beat Calgon too..:grin..

and it's a sure-fire bet we like Aft Balconies on the "Sisters" being Caribbean, Crown,Emerald and Ruby Princess's.
at present; we have 2 sets of Back to Backs ..booked on the Aft- Baja 755.having had it for 20 days this last February ...and have come to regard it as *OURS*..it's the only one we book now..:dizzy..Good luck with research.....:)...Joanne

C

Calgon1

You guys are out of luck. SunFlower doesn't beat me (anymore). She decided long ago that I'm a lost cause and she's given up all attempts at reformation ......

cyncat

We prefer a midship balcony on Caribe Deck. We like the 1/2 covered 1/2 open balcony and they are really large. We're booked on the Island Princess on Oct. 21st and are in C620. It's aft not midship but it's a wheelchair accessible room so it's HUGE compared to a normal cabin so were excited to try something different.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

we are booked in C620 next month. Did you like it? thanks.

Cynthia

S&M in Pgh

2nd Officer
We have had C304 on the Grand twice. Grantes its a disabled cabin, but its a great mid ship loation and the Caribe deck big balcony can't be beat.

We also like the James Cook suite that is down the hall from C304. We have a little chuckle each time we pass it. A good friend of ours is named Jim Cook. Oddly enough the grumpy guy who answered the door was not Jim.

Mike

Brildor 61

I spent quite a while reading post--looking at photos. I can only get a regular balcony cabin- wish I could do a suite but for the money-- the regular balcony will do.
We picked C752 on the Caribbean Princess. Its an aft corner.

I never sailed Princess before but I know I will love this cabin from just what I have read.
We went to Hawaii on the Ruby Princess, in Cabin C 752! It’s one of the best cabins on the ship I think!

Firerunnerz

Deck Crew
I'm so glad to see so many people say C752 is a great cabin. I've never experienced cruising with Princess, but chose this particular cabin on the Crown Princess for our 2023 Hawaiian cruise