Edge penthouse review

George C

Staff Captain
we had booked a sky suite on Celebrity ship the Edge , then two days before we cruised my bid for the penthouse suite was accepted, doubt we will ever stay in a suite this nice again. It is almost 1400 sq ft with approximately a 200 sq ft balcony. it has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, 3 large screen TVs . Perks are great you get a bar setup with your choice of scotch and another choice of gin or vodka all liter bottles and top shelf, two mini fridges with soda , beer and water replenish daily, all restaurants are included including the suite restaurant. one of the reasons we booked this ship is they have a outdoor retreat for all suite guests, the retreat has lots of comfortable lounge chairs, a hot tub and a very small pool , pool has a occupancy of 9 people but often has more than double that . There is also a bar with some great bartenders and you can even get a light lunch if you don‘t feel like getting dressed and going to suite restaurant.
Ship is only a few years old and looked great , this was only the second voyage since Covid. It doesn’t have the standard specialty restaurants like Celebrity other restaurants. We did like there steak restaurant called Fine cuts and Le Petit Chef which is on the other ships and is very interesting. we didn’t do the mdr , there mdr is totally different there are 4 different ones each with a different style. I thought there main entertainment shows at night just so so , but what I did really like was there was live music in a couple of the bars starting in the early afternoon, they had a couple of solo guitar players, a very talented duo and a couple of small groups. Another strange thing was they didn’t push having your photo taken, in all my 70 cruises I think this was the first one where we didn’t have a single photo taken. Staff was great bartenders in there martinI bar put on a show each day juggling bottles and pouring great drinks . It is also the only ship I believe with a female captain, captain Kate who has a hairless cat as a pet, we did see captain Kate a few times but not the cat.
overall it was a great cruise, we were celebrating my wife’s birthday on July 4th , and that evening my wife won a thousand dollars playing video poker , she had never won more than 200 in her life before then.
the only negative thing was our stay at the embassy suites the night before the cruise , will not stay there again for many reasons.

EMS8

2nd Officer
George, nice review of the ship. Glad you and the DW had a great cruise.
We have ES booked for the end of February 2022 and you have me a little concerned.
We have stayed at ES in FLL too many times to remember how many and even though it’s not as good as it once was, we stay there for the location, location, location. Can you elaborate about your stay this time?

George C

Staff Captain
Several things we took a taxi and all the lanes by the lobby were blocked for valet parking took ten minutes or more while meter was running, had issues with front desk , we arrived at 7:30 was planning on eating and drinking at restaurant and bar, were told that they closed at 8 pm , then long line for breakfast to get cold eggs , we switched to Hilton Marina , embassy had bad reviews, but I ignored them since I had not had a problem before.

EMS8

2nd Officer
Thanks George. I think we are still going to stay with ES for February since we got a great rate, but I hope it isn’t this bad 7 months from now or this will be our last time to stay there.