Crossing fingers and toes.........

D

Donna - dsw

Somtimes we have to get hit with a brick to see the light! lol

Glad things are looking up and you are both trying to quit - - hang in there if he can go a week without one - then he should be done - - just don't start it up again!

K

korinalacount

Great news,once he gets home,hand him one of his many cameras and he can become a Conniecat sitting in bed or up and about,have him focus on taking artsy fartsy pictures,something he loves to do to keep him occupied. So glad you are both quitting the smoking,I wish my son could,no matter what you tell them until something happens they dont care,sigh.......Know he will feel the best once hes in his bed with you again and his arms wrapped tightly around you,now both of you rest next week when he is off,Thanksgiving will truly be a blessed day this year for you both,hugs,John and Korina

G

GloBug

I am so very happy to read this! Prayers continue that he gets better every day, and that the two of you become smoke-free without too much of a struggle.

M

Mgram

Thanks for the really good news Judy. It sounds like Mike is finally on the road to wellness, again. Tell him NO DETOURS! Hope he gets the peace and quiet at home with limited visits and ringing phones so that he can get some much needed sleep. Hospitals are far from quiet and peaceful. There is always someone poking and prodding the patient.....especially when it's as serious as Mike's condition has been.

Hugs to you both.

Also, I hope they find nothing serious with your Dad.

K

KathyC

Glad to hear the good report. He is lucky to have survived this & especially lucky to have his strong wife with him when it happened.

N

nieciez

Glad to hear Mike is improving, and hope all goes well with your Dad's tests Judy. Prayers and good wishes continue.

B

Bruce

Judy, Glad to hear things are looking up for Mingo man. If you think you need it, pm me and I will give you the name of the RX they put me on for smoking.... I was a long long long time heavy smoker, and had tried many times to quit.....This Rx got me clean and now I can't even be around smoke.

C

connie seabee

I'm so glad that Mike is doing better, prayers that he continues to improve.

E

ewheelock

Glad to see that 2tall is doing so much better. Your dad also.

I took wellbutrin to quit smoking back in 1999 and have never looked back. My dumb dh still smokes and it doesn't really bother me to be around someone smoking. If I haven't started smoking again with all of my dh's medical problems I know I will never start again after around 27 years of smoking!!!!!!!

Good luck to both of you!

Ellen

J

JacquieP

Keep the good news coming! Please remind Mike that as tall as he is, it takes awhile to move all that oxygenated blood around. Once he gets home, he will improve rapidly, because it's impossible to rest in a hospital. They're okay to work in, but not to stay in, even though we don't always have a choice! Take care of yourself, and prayers continue.

H

Hooked

I'm kinda late reading this but Great news Judy (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Judy)))))))))))))))))))))))))

W

Whimsy

Sorry I haven't seen any of this until now. You sure have had your share of bad times. Hopefully things will improve very soon.

Hang in there with the no smoking. I quit in 2006 when I had surgery. Figured if I had the hardest part licked I might as well keep going. DH did the new drug, Chantix. He has been sucessful as well. It does get better with time.