COVID shot ?

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Great to see a lot of you starting to get in line ........

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Apparently I will qualify to get into a lineup for appointment in the last week of March. (maybe)

George C

Staff Captain
Biden said there should be enough shots for everyone by end of May, that would be great if it’s true. Got my second shot earlier today no after effects, a army PFC gave me the shot , I pretty sure they get more than I did 50 years ago , starting pay was a little under a hundred a month.

bob

Staff member
Biden said there should be enough shots for everyone by end of May, that would be great if it’s true. Got my second shot earlier today no after effects, a army PFC gave me the shot , I pretty sure they get more than I did 50 years ago , starting pay was a little under a hundred a month.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

And ..... You're going to trust a politician no matter what side they are on :emoticon 0122 itwasntme: Let's hope he is on track

Ya... But you got room and board ........

Just glad to see you're good to go. Whatever arm you got it in just don't sleep on that side tonight :emoticon 0113 sleepy: Been there done that, was not my best choice. Good thing they don't give this shot in the butt .........
Over all the side affects are minimal with rare exception, the shot is close to painless if the shooter knows what they are doing, only reason for someone not to get it is stubbornness or ignorance or lack of consideration for the people the come in contact with (religious virtues withstanding)
And that's all I have to say about that ...........

I just want to see every member of the CA community say "I got mine" :thumb: .. 6 feet and masks can not stop this by themselves

Last edited:

bob

Staff member
Well, miracle of miracles (as the song goes!) I got my 1st shot yesterday, no side effects at all! My DH gets his Friday. Thanks to the small pharmacies.
:hot: :thumb: :hot: :thumb:

Now we need to smuggle some into Canada so Bsea can get his ......

bob

Staff member

bob

Staff member
Got my shot this am. Pfizer. My are was a little sore were I got the shot. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I go back in 3 weeks to get the 2nd shot of Phizer.
Your arm will get over it, :thumb:

bob

Staff member
Second one may get a little sorer and last a bit longer, seems to be a thing for a lot of people with the Pfizer. My arm was tender for a week but that was the only side affect I had.

Motownvoice

Youth Counselor
Second one may get a little sorer and last a bit longer, seems to be a thing for a lot of people with the Pfizer. My arm was tender for a week but that was the only side affect I had.

Another thing to consider is that the actual data seems to be backing up what they projected (that efficacy was about 99%). Just under 1% of the population is responding exactly as you would think. Some people are still contracting Covid even though they're fully vaccinated, although there are no reports of anyone getting a serious illness. But it underscores the importance of continuing to mask up and distance even after you've been fully vaxed. Because you can still get and give it. We still have to protect the people around us until reports of new cases have reached less than 10% of the total population, or about what is considered "Herd Immunity." And then we would need to sustain it for a little longer until we knew how long immunity actually lasted, which we just don't know yet.

bob

Staff member
or about what is considered "Herd Immunity." And then we would need to sustain it for a little longer until we knew how long immunity actually lasted, which we just don't know yet.
Well this crap certainly has thinned the herd............
Now if they could only come up with a vaccine for cancer as fast as they did for Covid. The pharmaceutical industry certainly needs a big pat on the back for their fast response and efforts and the health care industry as well. Not to forget the government for paying for it.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well this crap certainly has thinned the herd............
Now if they could only come up with a vaccine for cancer as fast as they did for Covid. The pharmaceutical industry certainly needs a big pat on the back for their fast response and efforts and the health care industry as well. Not to forget the government for paying for it.
I'm still slightly over weight and haven't thinned at all. My government pays for everything too. But I have to pay them first its called taxes. YOu guys different ??

bob

Staff member
I'm still slightly over weight and haven't thinned at all. My government pays for everything too. But I have to pay them first its called taxes. YOu guys different ??
Life, Death and Taxes, can't get out of any of them, but usually when it comes to insurance we have "co-pay" so you're one up on us