COVID shot ?

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
bummer

seaserpent

Ordinary Seaman
New York is having a tough rollout. After weeks and trying ten+ times a day I am scheduled for shot number 1 March 11. It's not anywhere close but I feel like I hit the lottery. Can't wait. Several family and friends all over the USA have gotten one or both shots and usually a sore arm. Achy. Tired. Nothing else and nothing serious.

George C

Staff Captain
New York is having a tough rollout. After weeks and trying ten+ times a day I am scheduled for shot number 1 March 11. It's not anywhere close but I feel like I hit the lottery. Can't wait. Several family and friends all over the USA have gotten one or both shots and usually a sore arm. Achy. Tired. Nothing else and nothing serious.
I grew up in New York and have many friends still there that are over 70 and nobody I know there has gotten first shot .

George C

Staff Captain
It's really ridiculous. I feel so bad for people who have no time or are not really savvy on the computer. It's a nightmare.
you now also need a smartphone to get some updates here , I have a senior phone that can’t text , but better half has a iPhone and I worked in IT for almost 50 years. wife is going get new iPhone so I will take her old one.

bob

Staff member
you now also need a smartphone to get some updates here , I have a senior phone that can’t text , but better half has a iPhone and I worked in IT for almost 50 years. wife is going get new iPhone so I will take her old one.

And use it for a phone :!O!: :!O!: :!O!: :!O!::!O!:
George you are a man after my own heart ...........
I owned my own cable and networking business for 28 years, retired 7 years ago and my first cellular was a "bag phone" remember those George? , It was a PHONE. Only one it town selling them at the time was "Pep Boys". Got my first smart phone about 5 years ago and still used it as a phone didn't even activate wifi on it.

George C

Staff Captain
I owned my own cable and networking business for 28 years, retired 7 years ago and my first cellular was a "bag phone" remember those George? , It was a PHONE. Only one it town selling them at the time was "Pep Boys". Got my first smart phone about 5 years ago and still used it as a phone didn't even activate wifi on it.
doing iT support in early 1990’s if you were on call you had to have those huge phones with you.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
You should just amend your job description to dinosaur .

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
BTW BC started back up and did 12000 folks a day ago. New High. Not sure if we oldies have been delayed much from Mar/April or not. Everyone now concerned about the varrients .

bob

Staff member
BTW BC started back up and did 12000 folks a day ago. New High. Not sure if we oldies have been delayed much from Mar/April or not. Everyone now concerned about the varrients .

polaris mutants GIF by The Gifted

George C

Staff Captain
It's really ridiculous. I feel so bad for people who have no time or are not really savvy on the computer. It's a nightmare.
A few of my friends on Long Island are getting shots this weekend one checked a Walgreens in Queens and got a appointment , I should get second shot soon.

bob

Staff member

bob

Staff member
I know this is crazy but I wanted to dance. Best feeling ever to feel you are on the other side of this nightmare pandemic. I feel great. Had no side effects at all. Not even a sore arm!
Great to hear ..........
It's the second one that gets you, arm was sore for almost a week, but is a small price to pay for the benefit you get. Great thing is that once you get the first one the second one is on the books good to go, unless they run out. If they do it right as supplies thin they reserve stock for second shots that will take priority over first shots, at least that's what they do out here.