Canceled cruise do you get money back or get 125% towards future.

George C

Staff Captain
Most of the lines are offering money back or 125% towards a future cruise or sometimes more. Which would you pick. I most likely will just get my money back unless I see a really good cruise at a good price.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
When our april cruise was cancelled princess offered us full refund plus 50% future cruise credit or transfer our booking to a future cruise and a 175% future cruise credit so in our case was a no brainer and we actually got a better cruise (if we get to take it) fully paid and still have $550 each in future cruise credits. But I don't feel that the cruise lines are being as generous on this second go around of potential cancelling.

Ali

Staff Captain
I'm sitting on Future Cruise Credits because for the first time in my "cruising career" I booked non-refundable deposits while onboard. (Was never going to cancel the cruises..they were Asia ones) ;) First two cruises were Sept through October of this year Canada to Singapore and then I had a transatlantic from Rome to Miami for this month that were all cancelled. I cancelled them before the cruise line did because I would have had to pay the final payment when we all knew they were going to be cancelled. Friends who had theirs paid in full, took the 125% for a few of them but then asked for refunds for the rest of their sailings, they had too many on the books and it was too much money to have tied up with Royal Caribbean.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
I'm sitting on Future Cruise Credits because for the first time in my "cruising career" I booked non-refundable deposits while onboard. (Was never going to cancel the cruises..they were Asia ones) ;) First two cruises were Sept through October of this year Canada to Singapore and then I had a transatlantic from Rome to Miami for this month that were all cancelled. I cancelled them before the cruise line did because I would have had to pay the final payment when we all knew they were going to be cancelled. Friends who had theirs paid in full, took the 125% for a few of them but then asked for refunds for the rest of their sailings, they had too many on the books and it was too much money to have tied up with Royal Caribbean.
Understand being deep in debt to the cruise lines, we only have one on the book so we keep rolling it over in the clover, but at the rate things are going may be rolling it over in my grave..... :(:oops::(