Ashdod Stop

keno763

Hello all, Just wondering if in light of violence occurring in Israel right now, if Ashdod port stops are being cancelled or replaced with alternate ports. I'll be sailing on the Gem in October, which I know is a ways off. Just wondering how this situation is handled.

red stripe

Staff Captain
I am sure that you will get updates on the situation as time passes.

Or you can visit: Travel.State.Gov to read lots of information.
Also: step.state.gov To enroll for any information that may be important pertaining to your destinations.

We enrolled in it years ago, and it has come in handy now and then.

keno763

Thank you. I am aware of the State Department's travel advisories though and have used them in the past. My question is specifically regarding the cruise line and possible itinerary changes. There has been violence there in the past so this has come up before.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Sorry, I thought that you were inquiring about changes due to violence in a port.

for cruise line itinerary changes , you will just have to keep in contact with your cruise line. as we are all in the same boat.. lol
cruise lines change itineraries and even ships at the drop of the hat.. depending on local issues, be it war, crime, strikes, size of ship.

Like most cruisers here, we have experienced it all :(

heck, we are off on a cruise in two weeks, and they changed the ship, ports have cancelled ( ship too big) or they just do not want cruise tourists any more.
Our itinerary has changed more than once, and we are still checking daily so that there are no unexpected surprises.

Unfortunately that is the way of cruising these days.

whatever changes you may encounter, I hope that you enjoy your cruise.