Anyone here a fan of the smaller Princess ships?

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
We have been in love with Princess's small ships for years and I wondered if I was the only one. Granted they don't have all the bells and whistles of the big ships, but they seem to harken back to the earlier days of cruising.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
been on Pacific and wasn't excited enough to send a letter to the folks back home. not about bells and whistles not into them just didn't care for the traffic flow and not against smaller ships do like the HA Statendam class but for Princess guess im stuck on Grand Class

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
We were on the bigger ships and then sailed on the Tahitian and it was love at first sight. We will only sail on the small ships now and have actually thought about jumping cruiselines because of Regency (or is it Oceania) using the sister ships. I love the quiet and the fact that you can get to know your fellow passengers. Plus, it gets you into smaller places. When we did the Baltic cruise, we docked a mile from the Hermitage while the Grand had to dock an hour bus ride out of St. Petersburg.

Don't get me wrong. I like the big ships okay, but they are just so... so... big... :p

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Have yet to try Princess....But my two cents on big bigger and biggest all come down to traffic flow onboard and staffing. Certain big ships do this a lot better than others. I expect all lines now have these issues.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Have yet to try Princess....But my two cents on big bigger and biggest all come down to traffic flow onboard and staffing. Certain big ships do this a lot better than others. I expect all lines now have these issues.

I suspect you are right. We were on a big Carnival ship and it was a madhouse most of the time. The Grand was quieter, but getting off for an excursion was an adventure.

We have found Princess to be a good mix for us. We've tried others and we keep coming back to her.

PEB

Staff Captain
I prefer small ships. My favorite Princess ship was the Tahitian Princess. I wish they had more ships of that size. The larger ships have more toys and venues but when I cruise I usually end up spending time in a very few places on the ships so the larger size means nothing to me.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
I adored the Tahitian and I think the Pacific is the Tahitian, just renamed. They have a great Tahitian lounge on the 11th deck. I'm not sure if that was the same on the Royal and the Ocean. I love the library and just the slower pace of the smaller ships. They force me to slow down and that's what vacation is all about to me. :D

kjwemett

Bar Steward
Love the small ships. You get to know the whole ship of people. Haven’t been on one since 2008 but hope to go on another sometime in the future.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Love the small ships. You get to know the whole ship of people. Haven’t been on one since 2008 but hope to go on another sometime in the future.

That's one of the nicer things about the small ships - you do get to know your fellow passengers and crew. It makes for more of a party atmosphere at times.

Chelsea922

We spent two weeks on the Pacific Princess for their 50th anniversary cruise in 2015 when they re-created their original itinerary to Mexico. The entire cast of the Love Boat and Jack Jones were on board. I fell in love with the ship. The service and food were all excellent. We've book 30 days on her for our 20th anniversary in January 2022. It can't come soon enough.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
We spent two weeks on the Pacific Princess for their 50th anniversary cruise in 2015 when they re-created their original itinerary to Mexico. The entire cast of the Love Boat and Jack Jones were on board. I fell in love with the ship. The service and food were all excellent. We've book 30 days on her for our 20th anniversary in January 2022. It can't come soon enough.

Wow, that sounds like such fun! They must have had such fun! We certainly saw enough episodes when we were on the ship in 2015! They had one channel that only played the show! :D Isn't the crew incredible? Wait until you see all the refurbishing they've done! :D

We have a 24 days booked for Nov '21. Like you, it can't come soon enough for us. I miss cruising on my favorite ship.