Any way to tell how full the ship is?

I

iluv2teach58

Is there any way to tell how "full" the ship is before you get onboard? On our last cruise there were no available rooms left. I was just wondering?
Linda

A

Al

Your best bet is to go to one of the on-line sites (cruise.com is excellent) and try to make a reservation for your cruise. You'll see the availability (or non-availability) of accommodations in every category, stateroom by stateroom. If your sail date isn't listed, it's a sellout. Remember that the passenger manifest must be in place 72 hours prior to sailing; so don't wait until the last minute to check, as the cruise will be pulled from the site. Searching on the Saturday before you sail should give you a pretty accurate count. It's not unusual for ships to sail full - in fact, it's more common than not. Have a great cruise!

S

serene56

If you are seeing 7-9 cabins in any category the sailing is not doing weel. Any less and its almost full. You will never see more then 9 cabins available at any givin time

N

newpassenger

Firstly . . . pardon the questions . . . I'm a NEWBIE even though I've been "hangin out" on the boards for a month or so!!

OK . . . I've just checked my cruise (cruise.com) and . . . there are a couple of categories (especially OV) that have 7-9 available . . . our cruise is in June and I've got an OV on the Upper Deck (Celebration). So . . . does that mean that's it's too early to judge or are my chances of getting further upgrades (got immediate 2 level upgrade at booking) greater or what??

Kim

C

Cruzman

If you are in an OV on Upper Deck (cat.6C), there are only two possibilities of an upgrade; to cat. 6D (one deck up to Empress Deck), or to a cat. 12 on Verandah Deck. Since there are only 10 cat. 12 cabins on the ship, your chances of getting upgraded to a cat. 12 are at best,slim and none. Getting an upgrade to a 6D has no real significance IMHO, since all cat. 6 cabins on the Celebration are virtually identical, just on different decks.

S

serene56

Do you already have a cabinnumber?? If so your chances of upgrading are very slim.

N

newpassenger

I've got a cabin number but my TA listed us as being "Available for upgrade". Will this matter/help??

Kim

S

serene56

hmm. I would say since you have a cabin number your chances of upgrading are very slim- If you do not care about where you are located on the ship then tell your ta to take you out of this cabin and put you in for gauarantee. If guarantees worked this way lots more people would be doing this "just in case"

Woody14

Bar Steward
If you are seeing 7-9 cabins in any category the sailing is not doing weel. Any less and its almost full. You will never see more then 9 cabins available at any givin time
Depending on the cruise line you can do a dummy booking on the cruise site and you may get a better picture. some show everything availlbe and some (like Carnival) only show to a max of 10 for any category.
I am one of those that tracks this for every sailing I am on.
I am heading on the Carnival Vista in July and currently seeing just over 300 cabins available in all categories. Ultimately I am hoping for an upgrade opportunity at some point after final payment is due as there are usually a number of cancelations around then.

Collvi

My booking show waiting for my cabin number. I’m getting request to complete booking information. Should I since we are on a waiting list? We were told we are the first one on the waiting list.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Did you get a guarantee Category ? YOu may not get a cabin until shortly before sailing.