1st time RC Cruiser questions

erinj

I am looking to book a cruise for my family of 5 for Spring Break 2016. I have a couple of questions for you more experienced cruisers. :)

How long of a cruise do you suggest for a family with children? When we go we will have an almost 3 year old, 8 year old and a 10 year old and us 2 parents. This will be our first cruise for all of us! Looking at a 4 night Bahamas. Thoughts?

Staterooms....with there being 5 of us, obviously a regular stateroom won't be big enough. Does anyone know what the average price would be for an interior family stateroom vs the family oceanview stateroom? I didn't see a balcony stateroom available for a capacity of 5. Our would connecting interior rooms be the most budget friendly way to go?

Any other hints or tips for a family our size going aboard a big ship for the first time is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Cruizer

Staff Captain
For a first time I would recommend either a three, four or five night cruise. The family balcony cabin is a suite called the Royal Family Suite. I don't know the cost of the inside or ocean view family cabins. Other options would be two connecting cabins, two adjoining cabins and two cabins near each other or across the hall. Given the age of your children, I recommend either a family cabin or two connecting cabins. Inside cabins are usually the lest expensive. However, a low category ocean view might be less expensive than two high category ocean views.

George C

Staff Captain
the newer ships with more activities will be doing the 7 day cruises, nothing wrong with inside cabins, rccl also has virtual balconies for some of the inside rooms on the newer and refurbished ships. The bigger ships also have a ice show which is amazing for the entire family

Cruizer

Staff Captain
For a first time I would recommend either a three, four or five night cruise. The family balcony cabin is a suite called the Royal Family Suite. I don't know the cost of the inside or ocean view family cabins. Other options would be two connecting cabins, two adjoining cabins and two cabins near each other or across the hall. Given the age of your children, I recommend either a family cabin or two connecting cabins. Inside cabins are usually the lest expensive. However, a low category ocean view might be less expensive than two high category ocean views.

I should have proof read this. The last line should read, two low category ocean views might be less expensive than two high category insides.

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Hello enrinj.

Well I hope you're still checking back here. I just wanted to add that there is another great option. Some ships have a few (very few) adjoining cabins where one is a veranda, and the connecting cabin is an inside. (For an example Carnival's Spirit class ships, like Carnival Miracle. Check out their deck plans and you'll notice cabins 5105 and 5107 One is a veranda and one in an inside. There are others that a TA might be able to help you find. And considering you're booking a good amount of time in advance, you might be lucky enough to get them. Good luck.