Alaska finally

kris10bo

Advice Please!!!!!!! :) !!!!!!! We have been once 25 years ago and are FINALLY set to back in June. Last time we went on our honeymoon we had a cruise bill of $27 (so we did nothing, we just could not afford anything but the trip). We vowed to go back and my mom is so excited. This trip I have me, my husband, my 21 year old son, 19 year old son (all 3 are 6'7" and 320pds) and my 78 year old mom (5 time lung cancer survivor and this is her bucket list trip-she is in amazing shape).

We are on an 8 day trip Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, CTA Fjord, Victoria and Ketchikan. I like to book locals for excursions (Tripadvisor is my friend). I know the men want to salmon fish one day. I would love to see orcas (got lucky last time) not sold on a whale tour though. My boys would like an awesome hiking day (they love backpacking and trails). My mom MIGHT want to step on a glacier. Any advice for where to do which or any local guides/ experiences you loved I would appreciate. Thank you so much for your help.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Welcome to C@'s .. Your conversation on the other thread with Peb seems to be a great start. Anything specific you need help with ask away. Some of us do have some AK and West Coast experience. I take it you are going out of Seattle ?? You should likely give the Galley a heads up warning on your male family members :).

PEB

Staff Captain
Advice Please!!!!!!! :) !!!!!!! We have been once 25 years ago and are FINALLY set to back in June. Last time we went on our honeymoon we had a cruise bill of $27 (so we did nothing, we just could not afford anything but the trip). We vowed to go back and my mom is so excited. This trip I have me, my husband, my 21 year old son, 19 year old son (all 3 are 6'7" and 320pds) and my 78 year old mom (5 time lung cancer survivor and this is her bucket list trip-she is in amazing shape).

We are on an 8 day trip Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, CTA Fjord, Victoria and Ketchikan. I like to book locals for excursions (Tripadvisor is my friend). I know the men want to salmon fish one day. I would love to see orcas (got lucky last time) not sold on a whale tour though. My boys would like an awesome hiking day (they love backpacking and trails). My mom MIGHT want to step on a glacier. Any advice for where to do which or any local guides/ experiences you loved I would appreciate. Thank you so much for your help.
For those that want to walk on a glacier Juneau would be good for that. For Orca sightings Victoria would be the best choice however keep your eyes open anywhere you may see them. Ketchikan would be best for salmon fishing if you are there during the salmon run. Skagway has some nice hiking trails.

bigjimthomas

For those that want to walk on a glacier Juneau would be good for that. For Orca sightings Victoria would be the best choice however keep your eyes open anywhere you may see them. Ketchikan would be best for salmon fishing if you are there during the salmon run. Skagway has some nice hiking trails.
Planning on a cruise visit to Ketchikan in early July. The ship excursion is poorly rated. I would love to split a private charter for salmon with another person or two. Anyone interested?