Carnival Victory - HORRIBLE GHETTO SHIP!

victor1390

Deck Crew
Hello to all ,

I just got back from our 3day cruise to the bahamas

This ships is Horrible ,Small and crowd whirlpools and Pools. This is my 10th Cruise and its making me seriously consider if I would ever book another Carnival cruise. The lido buffet was always full, long lines and little to none variety of food.
Like I said on the tittle, this is was a ghetto ship, loud and rude people everywhere and the security staff would not do a thing to maintain order. THIS IS DEFINETLY NOT A FAMILY CRUISE, BUT EITHER A PARTY CRUISE. In our 3 days trip to Bahamas there was not deck parties, or good Broadway shows like in others cruise lines.
Please do yourself a big favor and do not book this cruise!!!!!!!!!!! Go with royal or Norwegian, I know price is a big factor for people going to carnival but believe me is not worth it.
This looks more like a refugee camp than a Cruise… We call the lido "THE SOUP KITCHEN"

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well victor as a first post this sure tells us how you really feel. I have yet to sail on Carnival let alone a 3 dayer. Literally hundreds of thousands of people sail on Carnival. So that of course tells us something different. I'm not saying you are wrong in you opinion... but .....?
What ship is it that does the 3 dayers?? Could you explain a bit more your sentence about a party cruise. ? Bit mixed up there.

victor1390

Deck Crew
Hi Bseabob

I sailed on the Mariner of the seas last year and it was great , the Navigator of the seas is a great 3 day cruise as well.

I dont consider this ship to be a party ship either for the lack of entertainment , there was not night deck parties like on others cruise , just a rundown disco on the 5th floor and that's it.

I have sailed with carnival on 5 different occasions and this was the worst
we saw fights for everything. It was a ghetto ship , horrible just horrible .

madge57

Hi Bseabob

I sailed on the Mariner of the seas last year and it was great , the Navigator of the seas is a great 3 day cruise as well.

I dont consider this ship to be a party ship either for the lack of entertainment , there was not night deck parties like on others cruise , just a rundown disco on the 5th floor and that's it.

I have sailed with carnival on 5 different occasions and this was the worst
we saw fights for everything. It was a ghetto ship , horrible just horrible .

well thats only YOUR opinion!! I loved it!! enough said

Mrclean92124

OK, 1st off, it's not the poor old Victory's fault... I was on this ship, prior to Victor around the same time.... Yes it was a total ghetto cruise...but let me tell you why....

After relating our story to some more 'seasoned' cruisers, we were met with a knowing chuckle, and the following, "Don't take a short cruise out of Miami".... So there you have it... I will never take a 3-5 day cruise out of Miami....it's just a rough crowd... We actually had a back to back 6 and then 4 day on the victory... the 1st cruise around Cuba was phenomenal, fun was had by all, the crew was happy. The second cruise, the crew turned surely and by surely i mean salty and generally unhappy... Why i asked? "Nobody tips" they said.

Day 2 of the cruise, the line to the hospitality desk went back almost to the stern of the ship, everyone having automatic tips removed from the bill you see... There were all kinds of fights... We had two groups of lovely cruisers, young, urban, on both sides of our cabin, yelling across the balcony at each other at 2am, smoking crack (yes it has a distinct smell), and fighting in the hallways until 4:30am....Security called at least 6 times, they didn't settle down till 5am.... Yes it was a 'special' cruise.... We were offered 15% discount on next cruise and a bottle of champagne which went to our steward.

So, it's not the stalwart Victory's fault I assure you, it's the itinerary.....Above all remember... "Don't take a short cruise out of Miami". I would not hesitate to take a 7 day or longer cruise out of Miami as well as all other cruises, from all other ports, fun times to be had by all...

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Well this will be interesting if it goes anywhere.......
Bsea your on the hook.. :emoticon 0136 giggle:

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well this will be interesting if it goes anywhere.......
Bsea your on the hook.. :emoticon 0136 giggle:
So far its just two new guys that only have to read each other's posts to get it figured out.

bob

Staff member
What is wrong with cruises out of Miami? It is a wonderful city ever since the cocaine situation was cleared up.
Nothing wrong with cruises out of Miami, I have taken my share, since I live on the Left coast it is a great place to start a canal for one thing, and as far as drugs.. if you are in and out of Miami for a cruise, fly in spend the night in a decent hotel, go to pier, get on ship, enjoy cruise, reverse on the way out minus the pre stay hotel, never touched. It's unfortunate but drugs are a local thing for Miami just like they are anywhere else. But to get to the point being revived here, this is not about Miami, it is about a 3 day cruise on Carnival and hard to compare with a 7 day which will normally garner an entirely different clientele no matter what cruise line but Carnival does have a reputation over the years of having 24 hour happy hours on the short stuff, they usually go to Bahamas and do a U turn. This is about the ship not the port.
Have to admit, my only bad experience with Miami was a taxi driver ripping us off on a trip to a restaurant. Wasn't a drug deal gone bad.

bob

Staff member
So far its just two new guys that only have to read each other's posts to get it figured out.
Sometime you can be simple, not simple minded, just simple.;) But that's why you got my back

George C

Staff Captain
We have cruised out of miami many times , some nice hotels with views of the ships. As for carnival I did one in 1985 that was enough for me.

victor1390

Deck Crew
3 days cruises out miami are okay. as long is not carnival! .. royal and MSC are the best options.... not these Gheto and smoking pot cruises...

The Carnival Elation and Carnival Liberty in Port Canaveral do 4 day and 3 day cruise over weekends. Are they the same? I use the weekend post as this has a higher chance of those type of cruises from what I read.

victor1390

Deck Crew
The Carnival Elation and Carnival Liberty in Port Canaveral do 4 day and 3 day cruise over weekends. Are they the same? I use the weekend post as this has a higher chance of those type of cruises from what I read.
I went on the carnival elation and It was Horrible too... Believe me spent a little bit more and go on Royal or even MSC they both have private islands on the bahamas..

I went on the carnival elation and It was Horrible too... Believe me spent a little bit more and go on Royal or even MSC they both have private islands on the bahamas..
Victor, I am interested in knowing about it. To decide to not do it or doing it. Royal has two ships, Mariner and Independence at this time there on weekend cruises. This at Port Canaveral.

Carnival Destiny a party ship out of Miami. Now the Sunshine. The Victory a party ship out of Miami to become the Radiance. People with children at drinking age will gravitate to this. Then you include them getting married and having small children.

victor1390

Deck Crew
Victor, I am interested in knowing about it. To decide to not do it or doing it. Royal has two ships, Mariner and Independence at this time there on weekend cruises. This at Port Canaveral.
Both of them are great ships. I sailed last week on the MSC MERAVIGLIA out of miami , it was a weekend cruise . only 40% capacity it was great!

victor1390

Deck Crew
Carnival Destiny a party ship out of Miami. Now the Sunshine. The Victory a party ship out of Miami to become the Radiance. People with children at drinking age will gravitate to this. Then you include them getting married and having small children.
I will never sail again with Carnival bottom line.