Where can you get the best deal on a cruise?

Aurora

Deck Crew
So it feels like years since I booked a cruise. In my day, I had to shop around to get the best cruise deal and I certainly would not book directly with the cruise line site since their prices were always higher. My son asked me to help him book a cruise for next year and no matter where I look, the prices appear to be fixed--is this the thing now? Is the benefit of going through an agent just to get on board credit?

Also: any news on how safe people feel on a cruise at this time (regarding covid)?

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi @Aurora, Thank you for being part of our community. I have booked cruises both ways but, I think the best advantage of working with a professional travel agent has clear advantages. They closely monitor rates and if the rates drop you can often be re-booked at the lower rate. They also can book you into "group space" on a ship that might be selling much more expensive today but, the price in the "group" is much lower and may come with group perks. They also have access to many different rates that you often don't see when booking online and should cost you nothing to work with an agent. Just make sure they specialize in cruising. If you would like a recommendation I would work with and see if you enjoy his services (Not an Ad):

Michael Consoli, ECC - (800) 913-7245 or www.planmycruise.com