What's the best cabin you ever sailed in?

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
What's the best cabin you ever sailed in?

I had a really nice aft facing suite with a wrap around balcony on the Carnival Miracle.

I also had a junior suite aboard Mariner of the Seas.

How about you?

Jill B

The roaming Aussie
Good question John :)

Our first cruise 2002-03 on Pacific Princess, we had a balcony. Thinking this cruise was a one-off we decided to lash out, paid full brochure price. It was a very expensive trip, but we LOVED it!

Next best was an ocean view on Volendam, nice sized cabin and bathroom.

George C

Staff Captain
We had a huge owners suite on oasis of the seas but my favorite was earlier this year we had a royal suite on Celebrity infinity, separate bedroom , large living room with dinning table, jacuzzi tub in bathroom and another jacuzzi tub on balcony, perks were great included no charge at any specialty restaurant, bar setup with scotch and vodka of our choice and drink package.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
We had a huge owners suite on oasis of the seas but my favorite was earlier this year we had a royal suite on Celebrity infinity, separate bedroom , large living room with dinning table, jacuzzi tub in bathroom and another jacuzzi tub on balcony, perks were great included no charge at any specialty restaurant, bar setup with scotch and vodka of our choice and drink package.
Same with the OS, either the exception of the jacuzzi out on the balcony. That would have been sweet!

PEB

Staff Captain
I have cruised in inside cabins, cabins with windows and balcony cabins, never a suite. The truth is the best cabin I ever had was an inside cabin on the Westerdam. The cabin was extremely large with more than enough storage. It was down near the guest services desk but not so close you could hear anything from the guest service desk.

gottagoacruzn

Environmental Compliance Officer
Have always had an outside or inside cabin, 3 yrs ago on Radiance ots, my roommate an I were gonna go to Alaska, an at first we got an outside cabin, an a few weeks before the cruise, my roommate was talkin to her t a, an t a, got to lookin around on the Radiance, an found for $40 more, the t a, found a balcony an asked my roommate if she wanted it, an the answer was yes, the balcony cabin was on deck 7, when I learned about where we would be, I was happy, never had a balcony cabin before. Had always wanted a balcony cabin, an have breakfast out there.

Diver John

Had a balcony on norweigan pearl, bid and won an upgrade so ended up with a forward facing suite for short money on our 14 day cruise, oh yea it was a half transit Panama Canal cruise what a view going through the locks and no crowds !!

red stripe

Staff Captain
I think that over the years we have sampled every type of cabin out there, . and we have finally come to the decision that we are happy with a balcony cabin .

We are all different, but for us, the times that we have had suites, they have been greatly underused. We do not spend time in a cabin, we are either out on the balcony or out by the pool.

George C

Staff Captain
I think that over the years we have sampled every type of cabin out there, . and we have finally come to the decision that we are happy with a balcony cabin .

We are all different, but for us, the times that we have had suites, they have been greatly underused. We do not spend time in a cabin, we are either out on the balcony or out by the pool.
Suites are not just about the cabin , many lines have very nice suite restaurants, priority everything, suite lounge with free drinks, pool area with really nice pool chairs. Reserved seats for shows . Bathrooms with shower and separate jetted tub. Concierge that can help you with anything, priority getting on and off ship.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Oh I know George, but ..for example.. on HAL, we use the pinnacle restaurant as our main dining room, we do not go to the main dining room.. on our last HAL cruise, they told us that as we were going to be eating there 34 nights..if there was anything off the menu that we would like..just ask. The onlt time we did not eat there, we went to the other specialty restaurants.

we have the “ free” drink packages.
when we do go to the pools, we have always found a nice lounger with no problem. But it is rare that we go there. And onHAL etc, we do as we are doing on the upcoming cruise.. booked a cabana for the 34 days.
comfortable, private..and they will even serve your breakfast up there if you want. I love the cabanas.

Shows… due to eyesight, WHEN we go to one, we head down near the front. Resirved seats are usually back of the showroom..or front row when there is a hypnotist..and that can turn you into a sitting duck..been there..done that..NEVER again..lol

We shower… so no tub needed..

we get on and off the ship fast..due to “ status”..lol

so you see..we are all different in our requirements, and you can see that the only thing that we gain from a suite is a big cabin, and we seriously under- use it.

sis and bro in law also loved the suites, I do not think that he would book any other type. But just like you..they actually used it to its fullest.

There is a guy from around here that sails 11 months of the year.. only stepping foot on dry land in Dec.. he visits family and dets his teeth done..(we share the same dentist).. and his choice of a cabin is an inside room! He says that it is just a bedroom to him. He gets up and goes out to meet new people.

Now I know that we would not like that….., but it works for him..

Thank goodness we are all so different.

red stripe

Staff Captain
No.. the Pinnacle is not included..other than a couple of “ free” meals lol
usually our drink package is thrown in as a “ free perk”. We rarely need to purchase it separately.

and as for the Pinnacle..we use shipboard credits, use our free dining events and pay what else is owed.

so you see.. you get it as a part of your suite, we pay for it.. in the end, we are both paying lol.

Nothing is really “ free”.

George, we like the Pinnacle also, just our opinion, but we feel that it is the best of all the lines we sail in.