What does luggage tag color denote?

S

Sam16636

Does it mean what floor your stateroom is on? I was thinking of doing the Kelly method thing-er and thought it might shorten searching time. Only a couple more weeks until Miracle cruise in the 2nd! Thanks!

T

turkeyman

The tags are color-coded according to what deck you are on. Black is deck ten. The last two times we were on ten, it was.

S

serene56

Since your cruise is so close--hopefully you filled out the fun pass. Go to the carnival web page..scroll to the bottom and click on fun pass-- put in your information then scroll to the bottom of that page-- you will click on gifts.. make believe you are buying a gift and your cabin number will post on that page.

You also should have received your documents- look on the bottom of the back on the sign and sail information page. You will see a long number that starts with your booking number- your cabin is located in that series of numbers. If you are not set yet you will see GTEE instead of numbers. The rest of the documents you will still see TBA.

S

Sam16636

Thanks for the info - I filled out my funpass, but I think the website may be having problems -- I currently can't view the final funpass stuff to print and and when i click on gifts and services, it comes up with an error page... hopefully it will load eventually. I tried the book modify method and it still says that I am just guarantee. I am at college right now & my docs are at home (about an hour away), so I'll have to check out that number later.

My luggage tags are gray - does anyone know what floor that corresponds to?

Thanks!

S

Sam16636

nevermind - gray means guaranteed... I guess I'll just have to wait! It'll be more exciting anyway.

S

serene56

TBA-- even if Carnival set your cabin you still will get TBA tags. See a porter when you get to the pier and they will give you the correct tags/

You dont need to take the fun pass all the way to where you print it- once you put in your information after clicking on the funpass on the home screen on carnivals page-- thoe bottom of that page will give you a choice of pritn fun pass or gift and services.. click on the gift

T

tg_lindo

And is there not also some designation of whether the cabin is fore or aft so they know which gangway to use?

S

Sam16636

Another question: where in that long number on their documents have other people found their future cabin number - i.e. - right after the booking number, or somewhere in the long list after? Thanks!

S

serene56

Look for your page that has your sign and sail information-- its on the back on the bottom. look for a very long number that starts with your booking number- if you do NOT see the letters GTEE your cabin number is there.

S

serene56

tg_lindo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And is there not also some designation of whether
> the cabin is fore or aft so they know which
> gangway to use?

there is only one gangway- if you booked a gaurantee you will get gray tags that dont have anything on it.. when you get to the port you will see a porter who will give you new luggage tags with the destinations. forward aft- tells the stewards which elevators to place the luggage to take it up to the proper deck.

S

Sam16636

if it is the number directly after my booking number (5317) - that means that I got massively upgraded (I booked an inside guarantee, 5317 is a balcony according to carnival's deck plans)... however, the kelly method search still says "invalid booking/stateroom...". Maybe its already been changed since Carnival sent out my documents, however, I did book a year in advance if that has anything to do with it... in any situation, only a few more weeks!

E

edangel

My docs just came today, and the long number does not contain GTEE, but it does contain TBA. I guess it's the same thing. Ahhh! I can't stand the suspence!

Oh yeh, my tags are grey, TBA. Should I be worried about my luggage getting lost, or at least being very late to my cabin?

S

Sam16636

I was on the pride last summer and had a guarantee, I remember that we received our bags very promptly, it probably doesn't make a difference is my guess.

S

serene56

edangel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My docs just came today, and the long number does
> not contain GTEE, but it does contain TBA. I
> guess it's the same thing. Ahhh! I can't stand
> the suspence!
>
> Oh yeh, my tags are grey, TBA. Should I be
> worried about my luggage getting lost, or at least
> being very late to my cabin?

hmm, you will see tba on your documents on a lot of the pages- But if you are looking at the back of the sign and sail page you will not see TBA but should see GTEE instead of a cabin number. This nunmber is located on the bottom and starts with your booking number. If you have TBA in that long list of numbers you would have to be the first person that ever did. Usually its GTEE. Let me know.

With your tags-- Do not give them to a porter with those tags ask for new ones- the porter will have a list of everyones cabin numbers. he will give you the correct tag to put on it so you can get your luggage-

Fill out your fun pass. When its complete go back in and scroll to the bottom- it will ask you to print fun pass or gifts...click on gifts. make belive you are buying something and there it is.

E

edangel

On the back of the sign & sail page, the long # starts with x11b11(booking #)
followed by TBA001
followed by 20050115 (the date of the cruise)
followed by 01, or some other 2 digits, not a cabin #

I filled out the fun pass months ago, and up untill a couple days ago, when I clicked on gifts, it showed GTEE. Now, it gives me an error message.

The book modify method worked about three months ago, but it hasn't worked since. I also get an error message on that one. I have a fear that I have been assigned to a janitor's closet somewhere, and Carnival is not quite sure how to break the news to me ;) The cruise is very full, there are only suite's left, according to the site's I have looked at. Maybe they'll suprise me and put me in a suite!

S

Sam16636

Yeah, the buy gifts thing is also giving me an error message, plus I can't print the funpass. I think my cabin got changed after I received my documents, or the kelly method isn't working, because I did have an assignment in that long number, but when entered it says 'invalid booking yadda yadda" and bookmodify brings me up as guarantee.

My cruise is also pretty full, they were showing all suites before, now its just insides and only on travelocity.

J

Jeff & Susana

>>Oh yeh, my tags are grey, TBA.<<

They'll give you new tags when you arrive.

We had gray tags last time........
Tag2.jpg

Maybe you'll be lucky!

Jeff & Susana

S

serene56

Sorry- I cant help you with that one. Did you book this cruise just recently??
Coz I am not even seeing the ships name in that number. (which is usually there in some form.

This number is on the BOTTOM of the sign and sail page?? Keep checking that fun pass page. I am sure it will change real soon.