Voyager of the Seas-- "hump" jr suites advice

Aurora

Deck Crew
Hello! We are looking to cruise again and are planning on using our FCC's on a Voyager of the Seas trip. I've read that some of the jr. suite balconies have an obstructed view but the deck plans don't indicate which ones. I was curious about the "hump" jr suites. The deck plans look as though the balcony is bigger. Has anyone ever stayed in a jr. suite such as 1612, 1624 or 1628, or 9624, 9628, 9324, 9328--or any of the hump suites. Are they bigger and have an open view? Where can I find such info (I've already scoured youtube videos of cabins)! Thanks for your help!!

George C

Staff Captain
Hump balconies should definitely be bigger , i thought cruise lines would list any partially obstructed views when you selected it . i love voyager class but all our cruises on them were in grand suites. Might want to try YouTube for her sister ships since views should be the same like navigator.

Aurora

Deck Crew
Hump balconies should definitely be bigger , i thought cruise lines would list any partially obstructed views when you selected it . i love voyager class but all our cruises on them were in grand suites. Might want to try YouTube for her sister ships since views should be the same like navigator.
I'll check that out--thanks!

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
Hello! We are looking to cruise again and are planning on using our FCC's on a Voyager of the Seas trip. I've read that some of the jr. suite balconies have an obstructed view but the deck plans don't indicate which ones. I was curious about the "hump" jr suites. The deck plans look as though the balcony is bigger. Has anyone ever stayed in a jr. suite such as 1612, 1624 or 1628, or 9624, 9628, 9324, 9328--or any of the hump suites. Are they bigger and have an open view? Where can I find such info (I've already scoured youtube videos of cabins)! Thanks for your help!!
I remember looking into this some years ago before cruising on Voyager in the Med. There definetly are some suites with partly blocked view but I don't remember if it is JR suites. I think I started to do some kind of "balcony plan" to find out what cabins have this blocked view, but it was many years ago.
One thing to have in mind is that Voyager, Adventure and Explorer are different from Navigator and Mariner as the later two has the "modern" balconies with glass railing while the older three sisters are more enclosed with smaller openings (metal railings as part of the suprestructure).
I will take a look and see if I can find anything.

/Erik

Aurora

Deck Crew
I remember looking into this some years ago before cruising on Voyager in the Med. There definetly are some suites with partly blocked view but I don't remember if it is JR suites. I think I started to do some kind of "balcony plan" to find out what cabins have this blocked view, but it was many years ago.
One thing to have in mind is that Voyager, Adventure and Explorer are different from Navigator and Mariner as the later two has the "modern" balconies with glass railing while the older three sisters are more enclosed with smaller openings (metal railings as part of the suprestructure).
I will take a look and see if I can find anything.

/Erik
Thanks!

Funnel

I checked and it looks like there are 2 junior suites to try to stay away from and that is 1612 and 1312.
In the photo below you can see that most of the JS have "normal" balcony openings but 1612 has two smaller openings with a big metal wall in between that partly obstructs the view. Looking at photos from the other side of the ship makes me believe that 1312 has a similar arrangement (but I only found pictures from a long distance so it's rather hard to see).

I hope that helps.

/Erik

full

Aurora

Deck Crew
I checked and it looks like there are 2 junior suites to try to stay away from and that is 1612 and 1312.
In the photo below you can see that most of the JS have "normal" balcony openings but 1612 has two smaller openings with a big metal wall in between that partly obstructs the view. Looking at photos from the other side of the ship makes me believe that 1312 has a similar arrangement (but I only found pictures from a long distance so it's rather hard to see).

I hope that helps.

/Erik

full
Thanks so much! We had chosen 9628 and based upon this picture--it appears it looks good. What do you think?

benemac

Deck Crew
I was going to say to stay away from 1612. 1624 & 28 are better. Erik gave you a great pic of where these cabins are. Have fun!

Funnel

Thanks so much! We had chosen 9628 and based upon this picture--it appears it looks good. What do you think?
In 9628 you should be fine. No issues with blocked view as I can see.
Hope you will have a great cruise!

/Erik

full