Voyager 11/3/2 Shore Excursions

M

MamaTene

Needless to say we are all very excited about our upcoming cruise. Has anyone out there done the Cockatoo Catamaran Tour in Grand Caymen and/or the Jeep Tour in Cozumel?..Swim with the Stingrays is included with the Catamaran Tour and the Jeep Tour takes you off roading, to the ruins, beach, barbecue etc. Any recommendations for alternative choices? We have book Peat Taylor tours for Ocho RIos/Dunns RIver Falls

L

Little Irene

We'll be doing the Stingray catamaran/swim thing on the Aug 25th sailing.... I'll let you know how it goes.

Everytime we do Dunn's River falls, we do it via the "yacht" cruise. It takes us right to the beach and then they have complimentary drinks afterwards. I think it's called the San San

H

HeatherP

Hi!

My husband and I went on the Voyager for our honeymoon in early June of this year. We had a great time. One of the best excursions taht we took on the cruise, in our opinion, was the 4x4 jungle excursion in Cozumel. We were originally signed up for the Talum Mayan ruins, but upon finding out that we could do some great souviner shopping, we decided to switch out of the 8 hour walking tour. We went to the excursion desk hoping to sign up forthe horseback riding... but with it full the person at the desk recommended the 4x4 tour saying it was much more popular anyways.
We had a great time!

A few details about it...

- if you are group of 3 or 4 you will get your own jeep, if only 2, you will get paired with another couple. ( This was no problem to us, the people we got paired with were very friendly and nice)
- it is VERY bumpy with the chance of getting car sick. I usually get car sick all the time but I didn't on the jeep ride, it just felt like a fun amusment park ride.
- the ruins are not very good at all, I think they should skip this. Until the tour guide pointed them out to us, some of the people were standing and sitting on the "pieces of rock" until they were told that they WERE the ruins.
- the beach stop is GREAT. We loved it. Better beach than Labadee. They also serve Mexican food and it was pretty good.
- bring sunscreen, you are sitting in the jeep with no cover for the entire ride.

All in all I think we also enjoyed it so much because of the couple we were paired with and the great beach and food and the great scenery.

Hope this helps. Have a great time on the Voyager!

Heather

E

Emmy

Were you able to snorkle at the beach on this tour? Did you still have time to explore Cozumel for some shopping?

Emmy

H

HeatherP

Our ship was in Cozumel from 10am to 6:30pm. We had plenty of time to shop in the morning because we took the second 4x4 timeslot that started at 2pm. We had early dinner seating so we were a little late for that.

Unfortunately, there wasn't any snorkling at the beach, but seeing as my husband an I are not the best swimmers, we were happy to just lay out on the beach and play in the beautiful water.

Heather