Update on DH and Puppy

P

Patti-Cake

We were able to bring my DH, Tim, home from the hospital at 12:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve day. Our daughter, Audra, and her family arrived at 1:00 p.m. to have our Christmas celebration. I took Audra and our two granddaughters, Heather and Amy, to pick up our puppy at the breeder. She is an 8 week old bichon frise, and she is just precious. After much debate on her name, I decided to call her Molly. The name Dixie was in contention, but we decided that we didn't want her to remind us of my DH's appendix operation and the Christmas that wasn't much of a Christmas.

Tim is doing as well as can be expected after an open appendectomy. He is on antibiotics for the next 10 days and pain meds as needed. His follow up to have his staples removed is in two weeks. He is still on a soft diet, and we have to introduce food back gradually. He does not have much of an appetite, so it's been soup, jello, eggs, mashed potatoes and toast. Tim is also diabetic so it's a real balancing act. At this point it looks like we will be canceling our New Year's Eve cruise.

Now on to the good news.... Molly slept the whole night through in her crate and we didn't hear a thing out of her. What a blessing! I take her to our vet tomorrow for her puppy check up. She is absolutely adorable and we are really enjoying her.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

E

ewheelock

Sorry you have to cancel your cruise but it seems like that is the best thing to do. I would worry that there might be some problems since there was a ruptured appendix. Enjoy Molly and your dh will get better soon!

G

GloBug

Oh my! We have an appendix scare this morning! See my post about my niece.

Glad hubby is home, glad puppy is home, sorry about your cruise. But would you really want to leave that puppy so soon???

N

nieciez

Glad to hear your DH is home and resting and Congratulations on Molly's sleeping through the night. Bummer about the cruise but once your hubby heals you can always rebook ;)