To buy online or not to

gottagoacruzn

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hey guys, anybody here shop on line or not? Would rather go down the st to the store, an look around first. A few months ago, when I needed a new pair of slippers, saw them on Amazon an almost bought, but then went to Penney's an low & behold, found the same brand there, in my size, an the color I wanted, pluse they were on sale, so, snatched them up an run out of the store, couldn't beat that so....

PEB

Staff Captain
I prefer to be able to put my hands on things I buy so I prefer going to a store. I have bought online some things that I cannot find in stores around my home.

red stripe

Staff Captain
You were very lucky.
perhaps it is the area, but dow here we usually end up buying online.
and not for unusual items. For instance..I wanted Washing Soda.. we went to every grocery store in this area. Even Walmart lol
nobody had it in stock, and not sure when they would get it.
while walking out of the last store..we ordered it from Amazon.

today we have three items being delivered, and not one of the items were available local!
one of the items is a swimsuit. Yep..we are ordering a swimsuit and we are in Florida!
I looked.. but the manufacturer of the swimsuits I love are no longer sold here.

Before Covid, I always bought them in Bealls.. no longer.

so..although I love touching, trying on etc. times have changed.

listen.. we order so much from Amazon..that when we are traveling and not ordering.. Jeff calls E in a panic..lol

seamom

Staff Captain
We don’t need much these days so Costco or large grocery stores are all we need regularly. When we need particular items I’ll shop for them at local stores online and then go to the store which has the best buy. Occasionally, I’ll order from Amazon if the price is the same and more convenient. However, not sure what I’m going to do for clothes when I need something. No longer working, I have a stock of jeans but when they wear out or I have a dress up occasion, my usual department store has so little in stock, especially in my size. Friends say they shop online but I’m not a regular rack size that I can order without trying on!

red stripe

Staff Captain
Hi seamom
At least in Jeans..I am..covered I do have a Chicos within a 30 min drive, so far I have had no problems there.

If you do find a brand that you have tried on and know that they fit, then shopping online is a breeze.
And one thing about Amazon, they have a great return program.

This swimsuit.. I have 30 days to return it.
Not that I ever take that time. I think that is wrong.
It came today, it fit..I am in love.

seamom

Staff Captain
Hi seamom
At least in Jeans..I am..covered I do have a Chicos within a 30 min drive, so far I have had no problems there.

If you do find a brand that you have tried on and know that they fit, then shopping online is a breeze.
And one thing about Amazon, they have a great return program.

This swimsuit.. I have 30 days to return it.
Not that I ever take that time. I think that is wrong.
It came today, it fit..I am in love.
Not secure in brands yet! Levi keeps changing the style numbers just as I find a great fit but happy to say our Costco has started to pick up larger sizes and love my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans!!! But gosh, talk about flashback to decades past since I’ve seen that brand in Canada?! No Chico’s here but I was lucky to have a Floridian snowbird convince me to try online to Bealls for swim dresses and bring back for me… woohooo, fraction of a cost up here IF you could find similar and love them! You still have much better shopping in the States.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
I try to buy local BUT do not hesitate to go online when unable to find stuff in our stores here. Being of the rather tall guy I was and still am I have not ventured to on line shopping for clothes at all.

red stripe

Staff Captain
Nolafolks.. see how we keep you on your toes.?

seamom, the outlet store was where I used to buy my swimsuits… not any more unfortunately.

BSea..you tall? I never noticed…

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Nlafolks...it should have been
Seamom My Jude bought a suit from small factory in Palm Beach once while she waited. .....Its gone..
Red.. You miss a lot being "Down there"

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Some things you want to see up close and touch and maybe even try on before you buy. However, some items are great to buy online at a reasonable price with Amazon. So it's a bit of a hybrid with us.

gottagoacruzn

Environmental Compliance Officer
See Nolafolks, on what you're missin out on? As online, like everything else, one size doesn't fit all!! Guess they didn't figure that out when they started amazon, nobody wasn't thinkin, one would have thought that's what the brain is for.

glo-ree-bee

Staff Captain
My input --One has to be very cautious when buying on line. Amazon is the most reliable. I never buy anthing any more shown on Facebook ads. I tried twice and no article and never received my money back. If you know the stores then you know if they are reliable and if returns are easy etc. So far I have never had any problem with Amazon and granddaughter buys a lot from Temu and Skein and so far -- no problem.
Now with prices going up AGAIN on postage that might be something that causes buying on line not as enjoyable any more. Just my humble opiniion.