Thought I would share this. The Holland America Line ship is talking to a Carnival ship by fog horn in St. Thomas, USVI.

Kris1340

Hopefully it's ok to share this? I live in a popular cruise destination area and would like to share more of these as I get them. The Holland America Line ship talking with a Carnival ship by fog horn in St. Thomas, USVI this afternoon, was pretty neat and I had no idea I was gonna be able to get it on video.

View: https://youtu.be/srimbes331U

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
For sure. Not so sure they were talking to each other but a very appreciated post to entertain us. I don't remember the pier sticking quite that far out in St Thomas. HAL had to go a long way to clear for a turn out. Likely the Ghost Carnival off in the fog.

Last edited:

Kris1340

Lol,
For sure. Not so sure they were talking to each other but a very appreciated post to entertain us. I don't remember the pier sticking quite that far out in St Thomas. HAL had to go a long way to clear for a turn out. Likely the Ghost Carnival of in the
Found out after showing someone they use the 3 horns were to communicate that it's underway! Still not sure about the long horn at the end, maybe to say it was clear? I've lived here for about 24 years and haven't noticed this exchange. Glad I was able to catch it.