They Arrested Someone Re My Stolen Checkbook

C

cycofan

Just had a call from the county attorney. They are prosecuting a gentleman for one of the forged checks. She said that she realized we had lots of others, but this was the only one that they felt they could go after him with solid evidence. I doubt it will amount to much for him, but I'm at least glad I've caused him some portion of the inconvenience that he caused me! :) Hope he enjoyed whatever he bought at Home Depot!

I admit to feeling a little wierded out by the whole thing, and I did double check to lock the doors when I got home this afternoon.

K

Kiffen

Congrats!

I totally understand the creepy out feeling. I had my purse stolen with all of my credit cards, medical cards, ids, my social security card, 2 check books...and even my cell phone and some new makeup (I had just bought it too)!

I had just got home from a job interview too (which is why my social security card was in my purse). I still get creep-ed out when I think about it! Luckily nothing bad has occurred from it yet....

Good luck with the rest!

K

KathyC

I understand that creepy feeling; years ago my apt was broken into while I was at work. Nothing was taken as I was just a kid & had nothing of any real value at the time but I felt so violated because my personal space had been invaded by a total stranger. Good luck as your case goes to prosecution.

C

cycofan

Thanks, all! Sounds like they have surveillance video of him doing the deed! They are mailing me a victim's packet so that I can tell them how this has impacted me. I'm sure I'll never get my "day in court" but I'll gladly send all of the info back.

R

reggae

It's good to hear that they actually caught this guy. These people need to be stopped. Best wishes for a good outcome.