The smoke from the Santa Cruz fires has reached my part of the sandbox!

G

GloBug

Actually, Santa Cruz is not that far from us, only a couple of hours drive. We had no smoke yesterday, but it started moving in this morning. By 11am we closed the doors at the hardware store. On my way home at noon, I called a friend I was to do a long dog walk with today, and told her we might rethink the walk since she's had some breathing problems lately. She assured me she would be ok. Five minutes ago she said she didn't think we should be out walking. I agree. Kiefer and I will be staying in today!

Here is a pic of SF skyline from my house. You can barely make out the outlines of the bldg. through the smoke haze. This is not fog or anything else but smoke. It's difficult to breath, you can feel it in your lungs. I can't imagine how it is in Santa Cruz, especially if you are fighting this devil. My heart goes out to all of those brave men and women.

IMG_0002_1.jpg

R

r8derfan

Oh Glo, fires bring so many health concerns for people. Stay inside as much as possible.

G

GloBug

Heard that we are expecting some rain today, but not as far south as the Santa Cruz area. Bummer. Hopefully clear up the air for us. BUT, they need it more than we do...