Summit or Dawn Princess

A

AquaSea

Hi - this website is so helpful!! My husband and I are wanting to do a 10-night Caribbean and are deciding on the Dawn Princess or Celebrity's Summit. Both itineraries look fairly close -so it is more the cabin, ambiance, service, etc. I will be around 5 months pregnant so comfort will be important. We are looking to book a balcony stateroom or mini-suite with balc if avail and in our price range. The Dawn fits into our schedule nicely, but the cabin looks smaller and more dated from the pics - is that true? We are in our mid 30's and looking to relax in the sun. Thanks for any input!

R

Rick & Kathy

The rooms on the Dawn Princess are much smaller. If you are looking for space and service, then the Summit is the way to go. The Summit is one of Celebrity's new ships and they have spared no expense. The Summit 91,000 tons and has a capacity of 1950 people were as the Dawn Princess is 77,000 tons and has the same capacity of 1950. The balcony staterooms on the Dawn Princess are 183 sqft where as the Summit range from 170-270 depending on which room you select. Have fun.

E

Einstein

The Minisuites (370 sq. ft) on the Dawn will be much larger than a comparably priced Sky Suite (251 sq. ft) on the Summit. Below is a link that will take you to a site where you can compare the two ships side by side. Either ship IMO will provide a VERY Nice cruise option. Good Luck.

<a href=http://www.cruisestateroom.com/847932/indexships-frame.htm>Cruise Stateroom</a>