Suggestions for remembering a lost loved one

Erinm

2nd Officer
I am hoping perhaps you guys have some ideas for me. In April my mom and dad were in Mexico to celebrate him retiring from the military after 44 years of service, when he suddenly passed of a cardiac arrest. It's been an emotional year for us, but we are an amazingly close family, and are doing well. This will be my mom's first time back to Mexico (cozumel) since then, and my mom is a bit hesitant to even get off the ship that day. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for something that we could do to honor my dad's memory and make this easier for my mom.

Thanks!!
Erin

popcorn

Staff Captain
The ship's crew might have some ideas. I am sure that your family isn't the first family to deal with this. Let us know what you come up with as others may have to deal with this.

Liz

Donna - dsw

Staff Captain
Do what your dad loved and honor him while doing it. My dad loved to cruise - we toast him now when we cruise!

Although hard sometimes, we just let my mom talk and talk - she just needs someone to listen to her now.

JacquieP

Staff Captain
Do a toast to him with one of his favorite drinks one night and drop a rose overboard (even though you're not supposed to drop anything overboard) with a quick prayer.