Still editing, but here's a few more zoo photos.....

C

conniecat

[size=x-large]The Saint Louis Zoo is world renown. Remember Marlin Perkins from Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom? He was our director for years. It is a beautiful zoo.

Ok, squeamish people skip the next 4. I call them "glad for the glass".

Blue tarantula

Good old Missouri Cottonmouth. It is actually a Water Moccasin, but when it opens its mouth to strike, it is all white inside.

When my infrared light went off on my camera, the King cobra made a beeline for the enclosure and looked me right in the face. I don't know if he saw the light, or felt the heat, but it was eerie!

OK, back to the cuddly fluffy

Mama had 5 babies!

[/size]

I

islandJim

Beautiful photos Connie. I love the big cats, would love to have that Jaguar as a pet.

Jim

D

debowah

I adored Marlon Perkins as a child. We would always watch Wild Kingdom, I thought that he had the best job!!! The photos are spectactular Connie. Thanks so much for sharing them.

T

Tobyn

As usual, those are absolutely FANTABULOUS photos. I really like the flowers. They are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing them.

C

conniecat

Thank you all. I spent most of the time with the cats, as you can probably tell. At one point, the big male lion took off running toward the inside of his enclosure. I imagine the keepers were getting ready to feed them, but it was funny. We wer high up above him. A young girl next to me asked her Mom why he ran. I asked her if she had made a sound like meat, but she didn't appreciate my humor. Just them, the female lifted her head and looked right into my eyes. I snapped the photo, but I was shaking and it is blurry, darn it. But it was a moment, looking into those eyes.

N

NiteStar

Like Tobyn said........those are FANTABULOUS photos! Thanks so much for sharing them. I could sit and watch the cats all day!

W

Whimsy

Great photos as always! The St Louis zoo is very nice and there is no charge for admission which is different from other zoos. There are charges for the extras such as the children's zoo, train ride, shows, etc. but you can see most everything free.

C

conniecat

Yes, it is unusual to have a zoo without an entrance charge. I had forgotten how much I loved that place! They have made many changes since I was there last, most of them give the animals more freedom. It made it harder to get to some, like the great ape, but you can see the clear shots to the cats. I can't wait to go again.