Special 20 Year Anniversary Roll-Call Thread - Celebrating 20 yrs Together

rhrascal

Don't even remember when I joined but it has always helped when cruising and look at it daily even
though I don't normally cruise but once every other year, but do enjoy seeing deals and what's going
on the new ships coming out.

mickeyboy7

Able Seaman
Hey...MickeyBoy7 been here over 10 years. Hoping to make another 10. But, you know, can't stay away from those buffets. Time for breakfast, see ya!Peggys Camera 203.JPG

cptguavaberry

Bosun (Boatswain)
Hello, I'm Ron aka Cpt Guavaberry, checking in from Georgia. Congrats on reaching the 20 year mark John & Cruise Addicts. I have not posted much in recent years as life has a way of diverting your attention. I began with Cruise Addicts as a member 15 years ago, four years after my first ever cruise. Even though I haven't posted much, I've been know to be a lurker from time to time. Many have helped me both knowingly & unknowingly in the past by their posts. This while I researched information about a cruise ship, a particular port of call or cruise related matter. This loving community has been the ground work for my now extensive knowledge of cruising. For that I am forever grateful to you John, for Cruise Addicts and the entire community. Perhaps as I wind down to my retirement years I will become a little more active. By for now I find that, my family, my work and especially a hobby that I fell into a few years back consume much of my time. Congrats again on reaching this milestone John & Cruise Addicts! CHEERS to all!

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Hi all,

Gayle V here. I joined up on the very first day. Followed John over from the old Cruise2 page, and John launched his own community here. I haven't stopped in as much lately, but am really happy to see this page more active again.

We havnen't stopped cruising though. Next up: Allure in November

elliottsmama

2nd Officer
Good Morning,
I have not been here in a long time but got the invite. This is Elliotts mom, Cindy. Started here when he became ill in 2003. Your support was unbelievable. Sadly he passed almost 10 years ago. Since then I have had several hardships to deal with but I continue to move forward. Thanks to each and every one of you for your kindness and the memories. I especially remember the movie John made when we went on the Make a wish cruise. Is there any chance that it is still around to view?

Cinnamon

3rd Officer
Hi from southern England. Thanks John for the reminder and congrats on the anniversary. I’m guilty of deserting the addicts for many years. I think I joined around 2002 and had a wonderful group cruise in 2005. It was MOSAIC
Mariner
Of the
Seas
Addicts
Invasion
Cruise.
I’ll have a look round and see if I can recognise any names from so long ago.

RosieRosie

Environmental Compliance Officer
Hello to all my Cruise Addicts friends! Long time, no "sea"! I guess I haven't cruised since 2013 on the Eurodam. I formerly lived in the Chicago burbs, but moved to coastal Georgia 2 ½ years ago when we retired. I have not been on boat in a long time - but I now live on an island, St Simons Island! I am long overdue for another cruise! Our closest cruise port is Jacksonville, FL, a little more than 1 hour away. Our escapes are planned around hurricane season. We have a huge flower garden and are 10 minutes to a walk on the beach!

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Greetings from Wisconsin! I have been a member for over 10 years. I am looking forward to my retirement this year so hopefully I will have more time for this group and for cruising!
HI @badgermom , Thank you for all of your support and for checking-in I hope to see you here more in the future.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hello to all my Cruise Addicts friends! Long time, no "sea"! I guess I haven't cruised since 2013 on the Eurodam. I formerly lived in the Chicago burbs, but moved to coastal Georgia 2 ½ years ago when we retired. I have not been on boat in a long time - but I now live on an island, St Simons Island! I am long overdue for another cruise! Our closest cruise port is Jacksonville, FL, a little more than 1 hour away. Our escapes are planned around hurricane season. We have a huge flower garden and are 10 minutes to a walk on the beach!
Hi @RosieRosie ! So happy to see you posting once again. You only shared over 2K posts with us since 2004. Congratulations on your retirement. The Georgia coast sounds lovely. Thank you again!

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hello - Donna - dsw here. Joined in 1999 - living in Amherst, Ohio My next cruise is in September on RCCL Allure of the Seas
Hi @Donna - dsw , I'm honored to have you part of our celebration post. Did you know you posted over 33K posts since we last started counting! Thank you for checking-in and I we can keep this ball rolling with everyone here once again.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Happy anniversary Cruise Addicks! It's been a long time since I've posted here but it's still a place that's close to my heart and I value all the friendships I've made over the years. Happy cruising to you all.
Hi Denise @nieciez ! I'm so happy to see you checking-in. You shared over 34K! posts with our community over our many years together. You also became a Community Sponsor and helped us upgrade our forums to this amazing software we continue to use and update regularly. I hope you will consider stopping in more and maybe we can continue this get together once again.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
greetings everybody, i'm still lurking around.... been a bad three years for me health wise, three rotator cuff surgeries, on the same shoulder no less. this fall/winter i will also be having back surgery. not sure what my future holds, but i'll pop in froom time to time to lurk around if nothing else. congrats on the 20th aniversary, lets see if we make it till fifty.....
Hi @MisterD21 , It is wonderful to see you posting here once again and I sure appreciate you checking-in to help us celebrate our 20yrs together. i wish you the best with your future medical issues. Thank you for lurking with us and don't be shy! We enjoy your posts.

seamom

Staff Captain
Wow..amazing! I remembered my password so I could log in and post..lol..
Haven't been back for a while but have poked my nose in from time to time over the decades. I think I joined in 2000 when I was looking for info on sailing as a family. Made and met some friends here that I'm still in touch with so a very hearty thanks and congratulations, John, for having a successful website for 20 years! I'll be looking for familiar names.

mrsrocster

2nd Officer
A very happy 20th anniversary John! Rocky and I remember when this site started by using space on the S and R Uniforms server! Funny enough, Rocky recently drove past that shop in Bradenton and they are still there! Many changes over the years, lot s of friendships made and experiences shared! :):dance: Many thanks to everyone involved in keeping this site going!