SOLSTICE September 23 to HAWAII!

randy

2nd Officer
We're taking our (almost annual) trip to Hawaii, one-way this time, Ensenada to the Sandwich Isles. It's our 10th Celebrity cruise, and our fourth time on Celebrity to Hawaii (have done it more often on RCL), but it's our first time on a Solstice Class ship. We are die-hard M-class fans, but are excited to try out the Solstice on our fave itinerary.

We'll be going on this trip with our cruise buddies from last fall's trip to Hawaii but would enjoy catching up with any C@'s who might be aboard.
Aloha,
Randy
Diamond head.jpg

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Hey congrats .. Everyone should do a S class once before going back to M. LOL. It really doesn't feel that big untill you forget something just as you enter the dinning room and have to go back to the room. The 2 bank elevator takes a bit to get used to. If you can get a room close to one.
Very nice ship overall and a good choice to go to Hawaii on I think. On the Centrury we thought more than once a bigger ship would have been better for those sea days over and especially back. (which of course you will have no issue with)

jgoergen

Waiter
Say hi to my daughter Emily, she is on crew staff and the Zumba instructor. i will be hopping on that ship the day you get back and taking the trans Pacific repositioning cruise to Australia out of Honolulu. enjoy..

QUOTE=randy;1613475]We're taking our (almost annual) trip to Hawaii, one-way this time, Ensenada to the Sandwich Isles. It's our 10th Celebrity cruise, and our fourth time on Celebrity to Hawaii (have done it more often on RCL), but it's our first time on a Solstice Class ship. We are die-hard M-class fans, but are excited to try out the Solstice on our fave itinerary.

We'll be going on this trip with our cruise buddies from last fall's trip to Hawaii but would enjoy catching up with any C@'s who might be aboard.
Aloha,
Randy
View attachment 2324[/QUOTE]

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Wow...getting close eh!

randy

2nd Officer
Say hi to my daughter Emily, she is on crew staff and the Zumba instructor. i will be hopping on that ship the day you get back and taking the trans Pacific repositioning cruise to Australia out of Honolulu. enjoy..

Sadly, didn't recognize you in the handful of people waiting to get on the Soltice in Honolulu on the 3rd, but DID see your daughter and her big Zumba following. It was amazing how many people turned out for that throughout the cruise!

A cruise to Hawaii seldom disappoints, and between the beautiful ship, perfect weather, glorious itinerary and good friends, it was another success. I really envy all those continuing Down Under. While the Solstice is striking, the crew friendly, and the specialty restaurants excellent, we found the MDR experience sub-par. Both the food and service suffered throughout the cruise in that venue. Everywhere else-wonderful. Entertainment was rather lame (worst juggler ever, one of our favorite comics performing the EXACT SAME routine as he has on EVERY OTHER cruise, lame cruise lecturers), but the beautiful blue Pacific rolling by under bright skies took it all away!
Hard to return to reality, but knowing we'll be back in the islands in 6 weeks takes some of the sting off it!
Aloha to all!
P9300734.jpg

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
With the safe return of Randy ..... we remove the sticky and allow this cruise of the past to float along to wherever.

leeduf

Sailing from Honolulu on the "Solstice", ( our first cruise with Celebrity) on the 5th October to Sydney( 17 nights).We are booked in AquaClass balcony cabin.Any thoughts on my choice of cabin greatly appreciated and any special tips for making an enjoyable cruise would be great too...

Last edited: